Xbox 360 XNA dev kit

Valve1138

I like the AB in the GB
Oct 19, 2004
South Harmon Institute of Technology
Marklar
₥70,296
Who thinks this is another MS ploy to bag some cash?

When I read the headline, particularly GarageGames involvement I nearly ran out to Walmrt to buy a 360. Then I read deeper and find out that you need to meet several retarded requirements to play the games developed on the XNA platform.

Last edited:
theacoustician said:
PS1 had the same deal you know? And we see how well that took off.

Aparantly that died because sony never really pushed it, the librarys were crippled and sony suddenly pushed support. I think they just used it as a way to get new ideas on how to push the hardware anyways. Rumor is the idea of the disk streaming technique that was used later on in the PS1's life and all during the PS2's was taken from a Net Yaroze program for example.

Ryokurin said:
Aparantly that died because sony never really pushed it, the librarys were crippled and sony suddenly pushed support. I think they just used it as a way to get new ideas on how to push the hardware anyways. Rumor is the idea of the disk streaming technique that was used later on in the PS1's life and all during the PS2's was taken from a Net Yaroze program for example.
I actually signed up for that when I first heard about it. The problem was that Sony America hid it on their website (I only heard about it from a little blurb in Ultra Game Players), then they made you jump through hoops to get one. I got about halfway through the paperwork, there were a shitload of NDA and Copyright stuff, and decided it just wasnt worth $700, about a month later they yanked it in North America. Only 12 at the time in any case.