Xbox 360 thread

Okay, so I tivoed it and am watching it now. So far I have learned that it has interchangeable faceplates, and elijah wood is still super hot...:drool:

Graphics aren't that impressive, except the racing games

I don't know what the fuck is going on. I feel the need to buy a Samsung TV and drink Mountain Dew

I think that could have been the most uninformative show I have ever seen. And that saying something from someone who watches MTV passingly.

In other words, they didn't say shit.

I can say with confidence that the only reason they aired that show was to beat Sony to the punch. It sounds like nothing is finalized on the system other then the case.

How hard were you banging elpmis, fly? Knocked the server clean off its shelf?

From what I heard, the line about being stupider for having watched it sounds about right. I'm not sure whether they achieved their goal or not. Are people now more interested in the xbox then they are the ps3 for e3? From the reactions I've heard, it seems people are less interested.

Did they really not even give specs? That is surprising.

I can say the whole 3 different versions crap is a retarded idea. I just hope it pans out that way.

taeric said:
From what I heard, the line about being stupider for having watched it sounds about right. I'm not sure whether they achieved their goal or not. Are people now more interested in the xbox then they are the ps3 for e3? From the reactions I've heard, it seems people are less interested.

Did they really not even give specs? That is surprising.

I can say the whole 3 different versions crap is a retarded idea. I just hope it pans out that way.

They didn't say anything about anything, actually. I didn't expect spec talk, I mean, who cares except for the nerds. I did expect more concrete info and possibly pricing info as well. I guess its too soon for that stuff. Gamespot is saying, though, that the hard drive will be included with the system. And it will be removeable so that you can attach it to someone else's Xbox.

SpangeMonkee said:
it's for the gmoney wannabes so they know what to buy. why else do you watch mtv?

I watch cribs for the refrigerators

smileynev said:
They didn't say anything about anything, actually. I didn't expect spec talk, I mean, who cares except for the nerds. I did expect more concrete info and possibly pricing info as well. I guess its too soon for that stuff. Gamespot is saying, though, that the hard drive will be included with the system. And it will be removeable so that you can attach it to someone else's Xbox.

I actually heard that they announced there would be 3 different versions. One sans hard drive. One with hard drive. One with hard drive and windows media center.

I was told this as if it was announced on the show. Now since I didn't watch it...

taeric said:
I actually heard that they announced there would be 3 different versions. One sans hard drive. One with hard drive. One with hard drive and windows media center.

I was told this as if it was announced on the show. Now since I didn't watch it...

They didn't announce anything like that. That was one of the rumors. It is compatible with MCE like the current one is with the add on.

Ah.. I wonder why they thought that after the show, then? Whatever.

Was anyone impressed by it?

Looking over at gamespot it looks like what theac feared Sony would do is actually what Microsoft is going to do. The XBox will be able to stream data to a WMC machine. It will also thankfully be ditching the Intel line of chips for the processor. Not sure if using three 970s is going to save on power, but it would have to be better than three Pentium 4s. Of course, that will probably erase much of the ease of programming.

Other than that... I don't see anything to be excited about yet. The idea of having a subscription console just doesn't appeal to me, so making a free Live service is a good idea. But.... I don't know how much I really care about online console games. (Though, I think they are going to be a big selling point.)

Oh, and the removeable hard drive.... So long as it is a standard usb/firewire hookup, thats cool. If it is not.... we get back to what theac feared Sony would do.