Thread WWAD

procedure for injured animal that will clearly not recover.

Single strong strike to neck with heavy rock, or sledgehammer. Instant death, no more pain.

Sucks, but sucks less than suffering for hours.

It was a mouse in a sticky trap.

procedure for injured animal that will clearly not recover.

Single strong strike to neck with heavy rock, or sledgehammer. Instant death, no more pain.

Sucks, but sucks less than suffering for hours.
no rocks or other suitable tools for adequate blunt force.... only had a tiny pocket knife

*raises hand*

It's me or the mice bro, I choose me

We usually dispatch them with a brick

when i had a massive mice problem last year (read: 39 mice in three days that i caught) i tried no-kill traps for a bit (thats how i caught the 39). But they got smart, and started avoiding em.

I didnt like it at the time, but eventually i gave in and went to kill traps, but humane one thats are insta kill. No maiming, no lingering, instadead.

http://www.amazon.com/Aspectek-102-...TF8&qid=1393630323&sr=8-1&keywords=mouse+trap

I dont have a mouse problem anymore.

when i had a massive mice problem last year (read: 39 mice in three days that i caught) i tried no-kill traps for a bit (thats how i caught the 39). But they got smart, and started avoiding em.

I didnt like it at the time, but eventually i gave in and went to kill traps, but humane one thats are insta kill. No maiming, no lingering, instadead.

http://www.amazon.com/Aspectek-102-...TF8&qid=1393630323&sr=8-1&keywords=mouse+trap

I dont have a mouse problem anymore.
They get smart about them too. >.< Youll find the food eaten and the traps not set off. The only advatage of sticky ones is you can place them where they run (along the baseboard) and they get caught.

The only trap that works consistently for me is a bucket with anti freeze/motor oil and then you put a spinny platform above it. They try to get the food on the spinny platform and fall in the oil. To empty it you just dump them all out on a fire.

They get smart about them too. >.< Youll find the food eaten and the traps not set off. The only advatage of sticky ones is you can place them where they run (along the baseboard) and they get caught.

The only trap that works consistently for me is a bucket with anti freeze/motor oil and then you put a spinny platform above it. They try to get the food on the spinny platform and fall in the oil. To empty it you just dump them all out on a fire.

Not the ones i linked. Plain old wooden victors? Yeah. You end up with untriggered traps, or it catches their back leg and they run into your wall, then die, etc.

The black plastic ones force the mouse to crawl onto the platform to get the food, and the entire platform is a deathzone. Out of 50+ triggers ive never had one go off that wasnt an instakill. And no food stolen either.

Added trick: Best mousebait in the world - peanutbutter with a raisin embedded in it. The raisin is key.

Not the ones i linked. Plain old wooden victors? Yeah. You end up with untriggered traps, or it catches their back leg and they run into your wall, then die, etc.

The black plastic ones force the mouse to crawl onto the platform to get the food, and the entire platform is a deathzone. Out of 50+ triggers ive never had one go off that wasnt an instakill. And no food stolen either.

Added trick: Best mousebait in the world - peanutbutter with a raisin embedded in it. The raisin is key.
I had black plastic ones. With like a lil platform. I couldnt figure out how they got the food off them because I do use peanut butter. Never tried putting raisin in it though.

When they work they do work beautifully, perfectly right across the neck. Then we toss em in some soap and water clean em off and rebait them.

I used to keep a running tally on a chalkboard for kills. Last winter it got up to 117.

Last edited:
Daaaamn!!!
So how did this happen? Like what brought on the mouses infestayshunz??

mice fuck like rabbits. Im pretty sure a couple generations got established somehow, and then it was expontial from there in that they were spawning faster than i could catch them.

This year, before winter even started, i killed 3, and that was that. No mouse sex-a-thon.

As to what drew them into the house? Who knows. i had to seal every food item in every cupboard in thick plastic or glass