WTF! Yates' murder conviction overturned

Shell still be locked in a looney bin somewhere, Im sure.
I doubt theyll just let her back out on the streets.

edit - incidentally, the Yates family lived one street over from me when we were in the last house. It was creepy too, cuz long after the murders, there were still kids toys in the yard.
Plus every now and then I would see Rusty around the area.

...a jury rejected her plea of innocent by reason of insanity and convicted her of murder in 2002. She .....

WTF innocence by reason of insanity?! You aren't innocent if you kill someone. :confused:

April23 said:
...a jury rejected her plea of innocent by reason of insanity and convicted her of murder in 2002. She .....

WTF innocence by reason of insanity?! You aren't innocent if you kill someone. :confused:

NOT IF YUOR INSANE!!!
BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!1

I wish they would just erase the entire chapter in the sheister lawyer books where it says that insanity is okay as a defense. It's just bullshit.

"oh gosh, satan told me to do it..... " Yeah. Right. :mad:

April23 said:

Not quite the same. It's "not guilty by reason of insanity", as in not actually committing murder because the defendent was not capable of understanding that he or she was killing someone or was not capable of understanding that what they were doing was wrong, not that they didn't kill someone.

Doesn't matter to me either way, I have pretty strong feelings on this one. She should at least be locked up for the rest of her life.

BigDov said:
I wish they would just erase the entire chapter in the sheister lawyer books where it says that insanity is okay as a defense. It's just bullshit.

"oh gosh, satan told me to do it..... " Yeah. Right. :mad:
I can understand if someone is insane, it happens. It's just not an excuse for what you did.

DW said:
Not quite the same. It's "not guilty by reason of insanity", as in not actually committing murder because the defendent was not capable of understanding that he or she was killing someone or was not capable of understanding that what they were doing was wrong, not that they didn't kill someone.

Doesn't matter to me either way, I have pretty strong feelings on this one. She should at least be locked up for the rest of her life.
I know, but people still get off on the "excuse."

April23 said:
I can understand if someone is insane, it happens. It's just not an excuse for what you did.

No it's not an excuse at all. Killing someone is killing someone, I don't give a fuck if that person is batshit crazy or not.

DW said:

There again, another beautiful loophole in the justice system- someone gives false testimony (based on Law & Order even!) and you through the whole case out the window. Sad and wrong.

BigDov said:
There again, another beautiful loophole in the justice system- someone gives false testimony (based on Law & Order even!) and you through the whole case out the window. Sad and wrong.

Beautiful loophole indeed :rant:

If she does actually go to prison they could just leave her alone with some of the other inmates for a short time. That would at least be some justice done.