WTF! Yates' murder conviction overturned

DW said:
Not quite the same. It's "not guilty by reason of insanity", as in not actually committing murder because the defendent was not capable of understanding that he or she was killing someone or was not capable of understanding that what they were doing was wrong, not that they didn't kill someone.

Doesn't matter to me either way, I have pretty strong feelings on this one. She should at least be locked up for the rest of her life.
I love liberal hippies. Especially the ones who came up with that rule.

DW said:
Beautiful loophole indeed :rant:

If she does actually go to prison they could just leave her alone with some of the other inmates for a short time. That would at least be some justice done.

i've known some prison guards, and in all of their stories they say the ones who are in for hurting/killing children get the worst abuse from all of the other inmates

F33nX said:
i've known some prison guards, and in all of their stories they say the ones who are in for hurting/killing children get the worst abuse from all of the other inmates

I've heard the same. It's sad when prison inmates have a better sense of judgment than the legal system, isn't it? :rolleyes:

I'll buy the insanity defense as long as that means instead of getting locked in a federal pound me in teh ass prison, they get locked in a mental institution.

Edit: that is, generally speaking about people pleading insanity. Yates should be put in a lesbo bitch prison and shived.