wtf...someone just got shot in our building

You watch too much TV. Its a very, very small percentage.

Man, video games are the shit.

I just don't think it is possible for you to be more wrong. There are few black youth criminals on TV. The TV criminals are mostly white men. Even the commercials for home security show white males kicking down the doors.

The reality of the world is that most gun crime is inner city crime, drug related, and is perpetrated by young black males. In the city near me there is at least one each and every day.

The big money kingpins use youths under 18 because they are not subject to the adult minimum penalties for gun possession, drug dealing or (by and large) murder.

Murder by firearm (Black on Black crime) has been the number one cause of death for young black males since they started keeping that statistic.

Last edited:
I just don't think it is possible for you to be more wrong. There are few black youth criminals on TV. The TV criminals are mostly white men. Even the commercials for home security show white males kicking down the doors.

The reality of the world is that most gun crime is inner city crime, drug related, and is perpetrated by young black males. In the city near me there is at least one each and every day.

The big money kingpins use youths under 18 because they are not subject to the adult minimum penalties for gun possession, drug dealing or (by and large) murder.

Murder by firearm (Black on Black crime) has been the number one cause of death for young black males since they started keeping that statistic.

What percentage of America's youth between 15-18 are gun-toting, gang banging, drug dealers? And how could black criminals not be on TV, when stastically speaking, (iirc) they commit more of it?

What percentage of America's youth between 15-18 are gun-toting, gang banging, drug dealers? And how could black criminals not be on TV, when stastically speaking, (iirc) they commit more of it?

You just said that I was watching too much TV. I assumed you meant TV shows and commercials. In those cases, they avoid showing Blacks in any negative light. The newsies do not give out the names of juvenile offenders and they avoid relating race. I was addressing your claim that I was watching too much TV rather than getting information from people who live in the city, law enforcement and just plain common sense that the druggies are killing each other off. Plus, there are some public statistics available... such as the cause of so many dead Black youths.

That is good information but it still does not show total juvenile offenders (as far as I can tell... just the one's currently in jail that had a juvenile record). But still, when you consider Blacks make up 12% of the population (and thus Black males make up 6% of the population), your numbers are staggering to say the least. Factor in maybe 30% increase for juveniles (just to be conservative) and it makes you want to never go into the city again.

Last edited:
Yeah, the DOJ has all those reports for free to download. No matter how you cut it certain segments of the population commit a disproportionate amount of crime. For whatever reasons. As I pointed out on the first page, the more black, under 20 male, from public housing with friends who are criminals, the more likely you are to be victim or perpetrator of a violent homicide.

but what does that have to do with someone's name being the sole reason for the idea that she or someone in her family must be a banger and therefore responsible for the firearm being present?

who's to say it wasn't simply a sad case of an unsecured firearm? which when I last checked seems to be the whole focus on this report.

strangely enough I was raised in an inner city and saw more crime from white males than black males. out of the childhood friends I know of that are still alive and not in jail 3 of them are white male criminals , 2 are black male criminals, 1 Asian male and 1 white female.

crime happens and anyone can cause it.

I didnt say anything about anyone being anything in the article posted. Just some relevant facts about crime and firearms.

Either way regardless of your personal experiences, "The prevalence of imprisonment in 2001 was higher for -- black males (16.6%) and Hispanic males (7.7%) than for white males (2.6%)", and Black on Black crime makes up the majority of violent crime in the US. Black on white crime being slightly higher than white on black crime.

http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/bjs/crimoff.htm
http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/bjs/homicide/tables/ovracetab.htm

As for being victimized American Indians really get the short end of the stick.