wtf @ jiffy lube

Coqui said:
Well there's only one way to learn. Pop open the hood. Things are labeled nowadays so you can at least learn where things are located.

you can't fool me, I've seen what lives in there

what blinker fluid do you guys prefer? I like Castrol 15-W myself

oh wow

regardless of the ripping off part, don't EVER take a car to jiffy lube. they use penzoil, the absolute worst brand of oil to use in any vehicle. it's better to buy the cheap ass 74 cents a quart walmart oil than penzoil. don't ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever take a car to jiffy lube. they hire anyone and everyone regardless of automotive experience and have the most lackluster training programs.

obviously the best choice is to change your own oil, but if you can't the next best option is a sear's automotive center (barring a local mechanic that you already know). they've been in the business long enough to get things right and they stand behind the stuff they do. sears is a large enough company that if they fuck up they'll fix the mistake without it being any sweat off their backs

Don't ever put Penzoil in your car, that stuff is full of waxes that practically coagulate in your engine and reduce its' efficiency to virtually nil. Mobile 1, Red Line, Royal Purple, STP, Catrol, Quaker-State, virtually any brand is better than the crap Jiffy Lube uses. Mobile 1 Synthetic > *

Coqui said:
Well I understand the last part. But not many people can get 10K off of MSRP
hundreds of thousands of honda owners :p

msrp doesn't mean a thing these days. just about any commuter car can be had for a discount like that if they shop for the right incentives. the only people paying msrp for a new car are those with not so good credit or those buying high demand vehicles. most cars are not high demand vehicles

Some mechanics are just assholes!

Had to get new pads and new rotors on my car a while back...took it to some place near my house...the guy wanted $350 bucks just to do the front brakes! I told him he was insane and full of bullshit. He sat there for 10 minutes trying to explain to me that he was the cheapest in town and that I would be stupid to go anywhere else.

...called my regular mechanic..."Hmm. $40 bucks if you buy the parts." Parts altogether were like $80...pssht!

Millions said:
Some mechanics are just assholes!

Had to get new pads and new rotors on my car a while back...took it to some place near my house...the guy wanted $350 bucks just to do the front brakes! I told him he was insane and full of bullshit. He sat there for 10 minutes trying to explain to me that he was the cheapest in town and that I would be stupid to go anywhere else.

...called my regular mechanic..."Hmm. $40 bucks if you buy the parts." Parts altogether were like $80...pssht!
change your own brakes, two hours max :D

I've done callbacks on price quotes for every gf I've ever had and never fail it's always lower when I call back. women definitely get fucked hard on cars :drool: :pics:

Millions said:
Meh. Car repair bores the hell out of me. I'm just not into it in the least.
I'd prefer to use my money for other things besides paying someone else to do something that I can do better. Hell, if I had all the tools, I'd be mounting my own tires and doing my own alignments and everything. Sometimes I really miss working in a shop.

CletusJones said:
I'd prefer to use my money for other things besides paying someone else to do something that I can do better. Hell, if I had all the tools, I'd be mounting my own tires and doing my own alignments and everything. Sometimes I really miss working in a shop.

Well more power to ya! I'd rather take my money and pay someone to do a job I really hate doing. ;)