wtf @ jiffy lube

Mrs. Valve

Dizzy Broad
Oct 6, 2004
The QFH
Marklar
₥3,799
since when does it cost $49.99 to get your oil changed?!?!?! :mad:
for that price i could do it myself AND take me and my sweetie out to dinner. unfortunately with no oil pan, in the dark, in the cold, going nextdoor to the $20 was a better deal. yeesh.

how bad have you guys been (attemped) ripped off by car people?

Juffy lube? I don't even wanna know what you're doing with that stuff :(

F33nX said:
since when does it cost $49.99 to get your oil changed?!?!?! :mad:
for that price i could do it myself AND take me and my sweetie out to dinner. unfortunately with no oil pan, in the dark, in the cold, going nextdoor to the $20 was a better deal. yeesh.

how bad have you guys been (attemped) ripped off by car people?

WTF? Did they con you into using synthetic or something?!? It's only $21 or something like that around here...... :wtf:

Some asshole mechanic tried to charge my mom 1400$ to fix her van so it would pass the emissions test.
I changed the plugs and oil, and went to a different garage and it passes:tard:

Drool-Boy said:
Some asshole mechanic tried to charge my mom 1400$ to fix her van so it would pass the emissions test.
I changed the plugs and oil, and went to a different garage and it passes:tard:

around here you only have to pay up to $200 in repairs and it automaticaly passes the emissions tests.

JJ Lady said:
I've never had it cost that much at Jiffy lube. I used to take my car there all the time in ATL and it was usually $20.
they claimed to have this "standard gazillion point checking system" where they basically pop the hood and stare at what's under it for like 20 minutes while they change your oil. they also claimed to top off all fluid levels in everything, replace the air filter, blah blah blah, and since i have an SUV with 4WD it would have been $10 more.

jiffy lube can officially go suck off.

i went next door to sonic lube, got a $20 oil change, and they did all of the above except replace the filter-cuz it didn't need it:p

I.C.Water said:
they dont do that to us we are dudes :p
you have no idea how much that pisses me off too. when i was looking at cars, only TWO salesmen offered to pop the hood and let me have a look. i tired not to play too smart, since playing ball with salespeople is an inherited trait from my mother, but c'mon, give the girl a little credit here! where i used to live my mechanic and i were on a first name, wave at each other in the supermarket kinda basis. he never tried to swindle me for anything, since he knew that i know my way around a car.
at least in the spring i can change my own oil and save even more money:p

F33nX said:
you have no idea how much that pisses me off too. when i was looking at cars, only TWO salesmen offered to pop the hood and let me have a look. i tired not to play too smart, since playing ball with salespeople is an inherited trait from my mother, but c'mon, give the girl a little credit here! where i used to live my mechanic and i were on a first name, wave at each other in the supermarket kinda basis. he never tried to swindle me for anything, since he knew that i know my way around a car.
at least in the spring i can change my own oil and save even more money:p
Man, you're so mad, you're not even speaking in complete sentences. Sorry they tried to take you. That blows.

theacoustician said:
Man, you're so mad, you're not even speaking in complete sentences. Sorry they tried to take you. That blows.
i'm also break-ass tired and feeling incredibly sick. tomorrow afternoon can't come soon enough:p

:heart: girls who can work on cars. Marry me?

And the worst I've ever been drydocked was $2200 for a trans, but it was well worth it so it really wasn't a drydocking after all. :) I can do everything else, but the inner workings of an automatic trans are foreign to me. :(

the biggest expense I've put into my car is the tires, and I'm not even going to say what it costs me. I don't mind shelling out $25 for an oil change though. I can't imagine the catastrophe that would occur if I started tinkering around with it. I can honestly say that in 2 years of owning my car I have never, ever, opened the hood. :o

jaxxor said:
the biggest expense I've put into my car is the tires, and I'm not even going to say what it costs me. I don't mind shelling out $25 for an oil change though. I can't imagine the catastrophe that would occur if I started tinkering around with it. I can honestly say that in 2 years of owning my car I have never, ever, opened the hood. :o

christ do you even pump your own gas or are you afraid of breakin a nail?

Drool-Boy said:
christ do you even pump your own gas or are you afraid of breakin a nail?

har har. I can strip down and maintain nearly every firearm ever manufactured, but cars remain mysterious machines that run on arcane magicks and mickle spells.

jaxxor said:
har har. I can strip down and maintain nearly every firearm ever manufactured, but cars remain mysterious machines that run on arcane magicks and mickle spells.

Well there's only one way to learn. Pop open the hood. Things are labeled nowadays so you can at least learn where things are located.

jaxxor said:

Just remember, the oil goes in the tank labelled 'coolant'