WTF is Texas that far behind?

dbzeag

Wants to kiss you where it stinks
Jun 9, 2006
Marklar
₥1,014
40 years ago, the Stonewall Inn in Greenwich Village was stormed by the police and caused unprovoked injuries. Later rioting occured and more injuries and arrests happened.

[ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stonewall_riots[/ame]

40 years later the same thing happened in Fort Worth.

http://www.towleroad.com/2009/06/ga...blic-intoxication-in-stonewallstyle-raid.html

On the 40th anniversary of the Stonewall riots. During world celebration of Pride.

Really? What decade is this? What century is this?

I guess I shouldn't be surprised by this, being that homosexual activity was illegal until as recently as 2003.

I don't follow you. The TABC does this sort of thing quite often. Should gay clubs be exempt from alcohol laws and surprise inspections? What about black clubs? It's a coincidence this happened on the anniversary of whatever that other raid was. I really doubt Texas cops give a shit about gay stuff in New York.

I don't follow you. The TABC does this sort of thing quite often. Should gay clubs be exempt from alcohol laws and surprise inspections? What about black clubs? It's a coincidence this happened on the anniversary of whatever that other raid was. I really doubt Texas cops give a shit about gay stuff in New York.

A patron going to the bathroom getting his head injured to the point of internal hemmroging and in critical condition is a bit extreme. And from eyewitnesses in the bar, just the men were getting bashed. The women were drinking just as much and nothing happened.

Also there were 6 TABC cops instead of the 1, also in near-riot gear. That isn't a regular setup for just a simple Saturday night, is it?

There's no such thing as a simple Saturday night when inspecting bars. When your job is to check up on inebriated people, tempers flare and violent things happen. Of course, a lot of that could've been psychological, too.

I doubt that one person was just whistling down the hallway minding his own business when BAM a nightclub cracked his skull open. I wasn't there of course, but I'd bet some kind of confrontation took place.

People fight all the time when this stuff happens. Cops get hurt, patrons get hurt, it has nothing to do with sexual orientation. Naturally, though, when it happens to the gays at one of THEIR establishment and one or more of them get hurt, they cry prejudice. Don't read too much into it though. Paranoid people, by definition, constantly get singled out.

There's no such thing as a simple Saturday night when inspecting bars. When your job is to check up on inebriated people, tempers flare and violent things happen. Of course, a lot of that could've been psychological, too.

I doubt that one person was just whistling down the hallway minding his own business when BAM a nightclub cracked his skull open. I wasn't there of course, but I'd bet some kind of confrontation took place.

People fight all the time when this stuff happens. Cops get hurt, patrons get hurt, it has nothing to do with sexual orientation. Naturally, though, when it happens to the gays at one of THEIR establishment and one or more of them get hurt, they cry prejudice. Don't read too much into it though. Paranoid people, by definition, constantly get singled out.

Several patrons claimed that the officers were never assaulted.

"I have friends who are cops and I know what to do when officers are working," Camp said. "No one was acting aggressive to officers."

Camp said that he has been attending bars for years in Fort Worth when TABC conducts raids.

"Usually, they're very orderly and respectful – they work with the bar staff and check IDs, it's quick and painless and then it's over and then they're out," Camp said. "This was not that. This was harassment, plain and simple."

General manager Randy Norman said the bar had just been open a week and they had complied with all ordinances.

"Officers just don't come in armed with zip ties and a paddy wagon for a routine check of a bar," Norman said.

Cops always have been and always will be bent and immoral motherfuckers. Doesn't matter if you're black, white, lesbian or gay, they will always be a dickwad to you. Has nothing to do with the people being gay and everything to do with the cops being assholes.

To be fair I've seen some pretty uncivilized TABC raids. They can be very condescending. I haven't seen them in riot gear though. Maybe the DFW gays are in a notoriously violent interior decoration gang or something. Maybe that was their headquarters.

Ironically I was handcuffed and paddywagoned once after calling a cop a gigantic faggot after an altercation at a bar. I wasn't involved in the fight, but I thought he needed to hear that. :fly:

Cops always have been and always will be bent and immoral motherf*ckers. Doesn't matter if you're black, white, lesbian or gay, they will always be a dickwad to you. Has nothing to do with the people being gay and everything to do with the cops being assholes.

I hope you're prefacing this with the word, "some"

Cops in England blow whistles, don't they? I mean, they're barely even cops. At least the ones here can shoot you in the face or something.

What's really cruel is spending your money in a bar then at a certain level of drunkeness they refuse to give you more booze because you're too drunk, even though they served it you in the first place. Weird.

Tolerances. And as long as you pay and not trash their bar or cause them to lose business (i.e. affect other customers) they'll still serve you. If they stop, you fit in one of those two categories.

What's really cruel is spending your money in a bar then at a certain level of drunkeness they refuse to give you more booze because you're too drunk, even though they served it you in the first place. Weird.

In some places bars are also liable for what their patron's do after they leave. In NY suing the bar that you drank at after a DUI is pretty much standard.