WTF Harry kills Dumbledore???

taeric said:
Hmm.... I'm not sure. I think the potion was just a general "cause despair" potion.

Also, (DO NOT READ if you haven't finished the book!!)

I'm not convinced Snape is a bad guy, though. It is clear he hates Potter, but I still don't know if he is "evil." Part of me thinks when Dumbledore was saying please, he was asking Snape to finish it before something else happened. I mean, it was basically either Dumbledore dies, or Snape dies. Probably Malfoy, too.

And...

I must confess I was quite pissed that he died. Especially with Harry still being quite the wuss. He better get stronger in the next book.
Book discussion:

I agree with you about Snape, he made the promise to Malfoy's mother without knowing what the task was, and he had to fulfill the promise less he die himself... and at the end when he kept defelcting Harry's jinxes and curses and didn't perform any unforgivible curses on Harry to make him stop. I think Snape is really in a bad spot, even worse now that Harry knows he's the one that turned his parents over to the big V

This all makes book 7 a must read although
I wonder how they'll proceed since none of them are going back to school next year.

lol

kiwi said:
I've only got about a hundred pages left, so give me a couple hours. If I pick up a book I'm interested in I can't put it down till I'm done, so after pretty much reading all day yesterday I'm almost finished.

Luckily I haven't heard anything or saw any spoilers so everything is brand new to me (although I've started to form my own conclusions, we'll see if they are correct).
Oh my gosh! Get off of the internet and finish your book! If you're unspoiled, you want to stay that way until the very last page!!! I had the key events spoiled for me on Friday, it was awful... turn off the internet now!!!

Why is it you guys waited 3 years for this book, then speed read through it in less than a day so that you can wait another 3 years for the next book? Why not take your time and enjoy it at least?

theacoustician said:
Why is it you guys waited 3 years for this book, then speed read through it in less than a day so that you can wait another 3 years for the next book? Why not take your time and enjoy it at least?
You've never read a book you were excited about?

theacoustician said:
Because I read books 3 or 4 times. The first time I speed read through it to get the gist of it, and then go back another 2 or 3 times to pick up the details.

theacoustician said:

I'm going to have to say... what they said. Seriously, they both caught my comments to a T.

I guess it is weird because to me a book is not over when you turn the last page. It isn't even over after you have read it a few times, but rather when you are no longer interested. I think this is what makes some TV shows interesting. Some, such as X-Files, were over to me because I stopped caring. Stuff like Firefly, however, still doesn't feel over. Even though I know there are no more episodes. Make sense?

fly said:
You've never read a book you were excited about?
Let me put it this way. Pretend there's this really fine girl* you've had the hots for. I mean, you've wanted her* since you met her* years ago. You finally get to go out on a date after all the anticipation. At the end of the date, she* is so into you, you are actually going to get laid. Now pretend you blew your load in 10 seconds.

That's kinda what this whole marathon reading seems like to me.

Note : fly should replace all starred (*) words with "elpmis"

theacoustician said:
Let me put it this way. Pretend there's this really fine girl* you've had the hots for. I mean, you've wanted her* since you met her years ago. You finally get to go out on a date after all the anticipation. At the end of the date, she* is so into you, you are actually going to get laid. Now pretend you blew your load in 10 seconds.

Excellent analogy. Excellent :D

theacoustician said:
Let me put it this way. Pretend there's this really fine girl* you've had the hots for. I mean, you've wanted her* since you met her* years ago. You finally get to go out on a date after all the anticipation. At the end of the date, she* is so into you, you are actually going to get laid. Now pretend you blew your load in 10 seconds.

Only you could compare reading to sex :fly:

theacoustician said:

Well, lets look at that my way. If all I wanted was to blow my load with this girl.... yeah, lets just say I wouldn't expect that relationship to have much meaning. :) Or last, for that matter.

taeric said:
Well, lets look at that my way. If all I wanted was to blow my load with this girl.... yeah, lets just say I wouldn't expect that relationship to have much meaning. :) Or last, for that matter.
So you're saying the books don't matter to you that much or that you just have a hair trigger?

theacoustician said:
So you're saying the books don't matter to you that much or that you just have a hair trigger?

I'm saying that just as there is more to enjoy in someone than blowing my load in them, there is more to enjoying a book than reading it.

theacoustician said:

That sounds like reality. On many levels.