WTF Harry kills Dumbledore???

kiwi said:
I agree, something just isn't quite right. Dumbledore wouldn't have trusted Snape if he wasn't trustworthy. He could possibly be being set up to help Harry in the 7th book, but I don't see how since Harry will never trust him again. I guess we will see. I also think that Hogwarts will remain opened and even if Harry doesn't return, he will be connected in some way, or maybe everything will happen through the Order of the Phoenix at Sirisus' old house.

Book discussions...
The thing that irritates the shit out of me is that Harry really doesn't have much of a reason to not trust Snape. Hell... he's a dick to him, to be sure, but he's rarely been wrong. For fucks sake, if he'd of trusted him in the previous book, than Sirius would probably still be alive. In fact, the only time he has been wrong was about Sirius wanting to kill him.

don't read if you haven't finished this book...

Especially knowing just how damned good Snape evidently is. The "half-blood prince" was a bloody genious, by all accounts.

taeric said:
Book discussions...
The thing that irritates the shit out of me is that Harry really doesn't have much of a reason to not trust Snape. Hell... he's a dick to him, to be sure, but he's rarely been wrong. For fucks sake, if he'd of trusted him in the previous book, than Sirius would probably still be alive. In fact, the only time he has been wrong was about Sirius wanting to kill him.

don't read if you haven't finished this book...

Especially knowing just how damned good Snape evidently is. The "half-blood prince" was a bloody genious, by all accounts.

Very true. Harry's over cocky nature and resentment towards the way his father felt about Snape is really the only backing he has. Harry has needed someone to put blame on and someone more real than Voldemort (until Voldemort became a human again) to thrash out against and Snape seemed the perfect person in which to do that. I don't imagine I would feel very loving towards someone that treated me as Snape did though, it would be hard to look past his demeanor and see what Dumbledore saw. I hope all that made sense.

kiwi said:
Very true. Harry's over cocky nature and resentment towards the way his father felt about Snape is really the only backing he has. Harry has needed someone to put blame on and someone more real than Voldemort (until Voldemort became a human again) to thrash out against and Snape seemed the perfect person in which to do that. I don't imagine I would feel very loving towards someone that treated me as Snape did though, it would be hard to look past his demeanor and see what Dumbledore saw. I hope all that made sense.

I'm not saying he should like him, to be fair. I'm just tired of the "Snape is evil. I know it." attitude. It is getting old and should have stopped. Granted, it will probably turn out that he is right. I really hate it when the main character of a series turns out to be right despite all evidence and EVERYONE else saying otherwise. It is just annoying. One of the reasons I didn't like any of the last season of Buffy was because of that crap.

theacoustician said:
Why is it you guys waited 3 years for this book, then speed read through it in less than a day so that you can wait another 3 years for the next book? Why not take your time and enjoy it at least?

Hey...the book kept me reading and so hooked in that I stayed up till midnight last night finishing it. You know I don't stay up late on work nights. It was just that good.

kiwi said:
I agree, something just isn't quite right. Dumbledore wouldn't have trusted Snape if he wasn't trustworthy. He could possibly be being set up to help Harry in the 7th book, but I don't see how since Harry will never trust him again. I guess we will see. I also think that Hogwarts will remain opened and even if Harry doesn't return, he will be connected in some way, or maybe everything will happen through the Order of the Phoenix at Sirisus' old house.
It still pissed me off though. Especially how weak Harry was against Snape. He has a lot of work to do and there are so many loose ends to tie up.

taeric said:
I'm not saying he should like him, to be fair. I'm just tired of the "Snape is evil. I know it." attitude. It is getting old and should have stopped. Granted, it will probably turn out that he is right. I really hate it when the main character of a series turns out to be right despite all evidence and EVERYONE else saying otherwise. It is just annoying. One of the reasons I didn't like any of the last season of Buffy was because of that crap.

he hates him because he knows he was a follower of Voldemort. He's hated him since the begining even before he knew that James and Snape hated eachother. Snape has always treated him like shit. But that being said I have always hoped all along that SNape was good and that Harry couldn't see it. He has saved Dumbledore and Harry in the past. Even when this book started out with him hiding Peter Pedigrew I still thought he was just in disguise. But still he killed Dumbldore. He sucks no matter what. I can't imagine what she will do with the next book. Like I said there is still so much to wrap up.

Last edited:
JJ Lady said:
Hey...the book kept me reading and so hooked in that I stayed up till midnight last night finishing it. You know I don't stay up late on work nights. It was just that good.

It still pissed me off though. Especially how weak Harry was against Snape. He has a lot of work to do and there are so many loose ends to tie up.

Snape is a frighteningly good sorcerer, evidently. Still, since Harry is supposed to be so ultra powerful, it is annoying how weak he often is. Hell, Malfoy really got the drop on him in this book a couple of times.

Also, how good was Regulus to have gotten past all of that crap by himself?