WTF WTF America: Impairing the morals of a child?

Status
Not open for further replies.

OzSTEEZ

¡ɟɟo ʞɔnɟ ʇunɔ 'ᴉO
Nov 11, 2008
Oz
Marklar
₥25,442
http://www.news.com.au/breaking-new.../story-e6frfku0-1225910633589?from=public_rss

A MAN has been arrested for allegedly coaching his eight-year-old neighbour to swear and say racial slurs for a video he posted on YouTube. The boy's mother told the Connecticut Post that her son was paid $US1 to make the video titled Swearing Kid.
She said the video has upset her family.
Police said the video shows the boy saying obscenities and racial slurs in his front yard, and a man's voice can be heard encouraging him to make the comments.
Twenty-four-year-old Josh Eastman, of Bridgeport, was charged with impairing the morals of a child.
He later posted $US2500 ($2827.73) bail.
Mr Eastman told the Post that what the boy said on the video wasn't disgusting but funny.

You have got to be fucking kidding me! Arrested for teaching a child to swear? Jesus fuckin' wept....

This, I agree, is a terrible call. Bad parents are everywhere. What makes this different than any other?

Also, a question: What does it take to actually get a child out of an abusive home? I am not talking physical violence because that is an easier call, but emotional/mental abuse. Would teaching the child what the racial slurs actually mean and what they imply be bad enough to move the child to more understanding parents? Where is the line?

That law was for improper conduct towards a minor (i.e. touching them in their special place) How they applied it towards racial slurs I don't know

The one who taught the kid to swear was not a parent of the kid. He was a neighbour.

It's fucking words! The kid will learn these things in school. Every kid does.

This is fucking whack America.

Teaching them to swear is fucking them up? Really?

Yes. swears or racial slurs when taught incorrectly (i.e. for use to get paid in the kid's eye or for fleeting internet notoriety for the parent/neighbor instead of what those words actually mean or imply) is fucking them up. They are not learning to speak the language properly.

Let me ask this. If one of your adult neighbors came over and taught your child things you didn't want them to know, would your reaction be the same?

Let me ask this. If one of your adult neighbors came over and taught your child things you didn't want them to know, would your reaction be the same?

I'm sure this is one of those laws that not fully enforced unless pressed to enforce. Like an 18 year old committing statutory rape towards a 17 year old. Up to the parents discretion.

It would be a definite if he said it to the target of said race.

You might get in a crash which is why there are seatbelt laws.

You might hurt someone which is why there are speeding laws.

You might meet Fly in a dark alley which is why there are pedophile laws.

Status
Not open for further replies.