Wow. You need a lisence to play the radio at a restaurant!

Ryokurin said:
But then again, other than music videos (which is likely promotional thus ok) they play their own music. So I take it that unless I want to pay 600-6000 dollars a year if I ever start a Chinese/Chicken/Waffles joint in the hood. I gotta play my own music too.

Bonus points if anyone gets the reference to the restaurant.
Must be an atl thing... :wtf:

Ryokurin said:
But then again, other than music videos (which is likely promotional thus ok) they play their own music. So I take it that unless I want to pay 600-6000 dollars a year if I ever start a Chinese/Chicken/Waffles joint in the hood. I gotta play my own music too.

If you bought a jukebox from a licsenced dealer then you would be safe.

Last edited:
They don't really enforce it here, my friend doesn't pay at his place. He might even have aquired a large amount of MP3s of 50s/60s diner pop/rock music :shifty:

But it's only something like $250 a year. Not a big deal.

crazymike said:
They don't really enforce it here, my friend doesn't pay at his place. He might even have aquired a large amount of MP3s of 50s/60s diner pop/rock music :shifty:

But it's only something like $250 a year. Not a big deal.

They just may not have gotten there yet. Decatur Alabama is a smaller sized town, only around like 40k people. But then again its a stones throw from Huntsville too so that may have been why it was found out. This kind of reminds me of another bar in Huntsville who got sued in the 80s for being named Hard Rack Cafe. Its now known simply as 'The Rack'