Sep 30, 2004
Uranus
Marklar
₥50,768
Steam
heyfubuddy
Back to work finally after 2 weeks off.
5am comes WAY too early.
I get here to find 254 items in my emails inbox, 15 voice mails, and about a half dozen "to do" lists on my desk.
Welcome back!

Drool-Boy said:
Back to work finally after 2 weeks off.
5am comes WAY too early.
I get here to find 254 items in my emails inbox, 15 voice mails, and about a half dozen "to do" lists on my desk.
Welcome back!
bah, i was here at 1:30 am... :(

didn't have any unread emails though, just some server matience i needed to get done. its effing creepy being here at that time of night. i get to sleep in 2 and a half hours.

i had a 190 emails and i dont check my voice mail...ever. but i was only off for 1-1/2 weeks.

we had so much ice and snow the last day i worked that i have hydraulic lines running from multiple places above mine and adjacent cubes. made fixtures for holding funnels and spliced all the drip lines into one and ran it into the locker room. :lol:

I just went thru my inbox and deleted and the inter-office spam, idiot email forewards, and general nonsense and was left with exactly NINE mssgs that need my attention:tard:

Christ, if I hadn't have come in last week and deleted the majority of my "new" emails, I would have had about 1500 from the 23rd of December......... and we're a 'paperless' company, so EVERYTHING from the most important message to a gnat's fart gets an email these days :mad:

i had about 60 sitting in my inbox...from 1 day last week when i wasn't here. year-end is over here, and we are in a very not-giving-a-shit mood here this week:p

F33nX said:
i had about 60 sitting in my inbox...from 1 day last week when i wasn't here. year-end is over here, and we are in a very not-giving-a-shit mood here this week:p

I'm in the same mood you are, except I know that I'm almost 2 weeks behind on my work, and it makes me sad sad saaaad :( Such is the enviable position I have of being the ONLY person that does this fucking job.

I havent actually done much yet today.
Ive drank some coffee, ate a poptart, and taken a dump.
Thats pretty much a full day right there, and Ive still 7 hours to go:rant:

I thought I was having a bit of a bad day until I saw this:

http://www.wnep.com/Global/story.asp?S=2755975

There is video coverage here:

http://www.wnep.com/Global/category.asp?C=33428

The first woman they interviewed works where I work, although not anyone I know very well, who lost everything in the fire except her husband and kids. The two kids who were killed turned out to be 7 and 9. The son of one of my closer coworkers is a fireman, and he was the one who found the kids dead :(

Drool-Boy said:
I just went thru my inbox and deleted and the inter-office spam, idiot email forewards, and general nonsense and was left with exactly NINE mssgs that need my attention:tard:

absolutely none of mine were for work. there were a few from my sister, who probably sent them here because i have BAND her email address from every other mail account of mine she knows of. the rest were junk. YAY

Haha. Sucks to be you. I had to work last week so I don't have a big mound of to do stuff.

DW said:
I thought I was having a bit of a bad day until I saw this:

http://www.wnep.com/Global/story.asp?S=2755975

There is video coverage here:

http://www.wnep.com/Global/category.asp?C=33428

The first woman they interviewed works where I work, although not anyone I know very well, who lost everything in the fire except her husband and kids. The two kids who were killed turned out to be 7 and 9. The son of one of my closer coworkers is a fireman, and he was the one who found the kids dead :(
Yep, that's a day ruiner :(

BigDov said:
Christ, if I hadn't have come in last week and deleted the majority of my "new" emails, I would have had about 1500 from the 23rd of December......... and we're a 'paperless' company, so EVERYTHING from the most important message to a gnat's fart gets an email these days :mad:

And what does a "gnat's fart" look like in email form???? :confused: