Wow, they're getting sneaky

Fat Burger

Flaccid Member
Sep 30, 2004
Portland, OR
www.heartboxers.com
Marklar
₥0
So I saw a banner ad for a "mystery shopper" program. I clicked, because I'm always curious what kind of scams there are going on. You put in your zip code, are informed that you're in a "high-demand" area and will even get a free laptop as a bonus gift (in addition to the $1000 gift card to a store of your choice to use for your mystery shopping)!

Then they give you about 40 "survey questions" such as 'Would you like to find out how you can get a low-interest mortgage?'. After clicking 'No' to all of them, you are led to a screen where you need to complete two "offers" to qualify for membership. I realized this was the same sort of scam as the FreeIpod.com stuff, and read on. You have to complete two offers each from three separate groups (a total of 6 offers). They range from the usual Blockbuster DVD rental tryouts to credit cards :wtf:

Anyhow, I was moderately impressed with how they had the whole thing set up.

Links:
http://retailreportcard.producttestpanel.com/rrc1000/register.php
http://retailreportcard.producttestpanel.com/

I like the commercials I see at night that say "Work from home with your computer and make millions!!"
But they never say exactly what the hell it is youll be doing:confused:

Drool-Boy said:
I like the commercials I see at night that say "Work from home with your computer and make millions!!"
But they never say exactly what the hell it is youll be doing:confused:

I like the ones that tell you to setup your own website. Then they have the people say, "I got thousands a month" or "I made over 10 thousand my first month up."

What I've noticed is that they don't say dollars. I think they are talking about hits.

smileyfat said:
I like the ones that tell you to setup your own website. Then they have the people say, "I got thousands a month" or "I made over 10 thousand my first month up."

What I've noticed is that they don't say dollars. I think they are talking about hits.

Thems the ones
"I made my first million this year!"

Hey, I was on that website a week ago, I was also in a high demand area. I wanted to do secret shopping, but I wanted to know if it was a reputable company. I was going to have my husband look into it, but never got around to it. Glad to know it's crappy.

On a side note, my grandma because a secret shopper a few years ago and it was neat. She got to go diffrent places like Kmart, Walmart, Hardees etc. They would ask her to buy something from a specific area at the store, like the OTC medicine, but she could buy whatever she wanted like Tums and get reimbursed.

My mom does secret shopping for our bank, she has to go in once every other month and see how the service is, afterwards she completes a form and mails it in and in a few days $10 is put into her account.