Wow, just wow

Are we getting dangerously close to the point that proper spelling will fall by the wayside as phonetic spelling of ghetto slang becomes the norm? This is similar to the effect computers have had to the overall quality of handwriting.

Are we getting dangerously close to the point that proper spelling will fall by the wayside as phonetic spelling of ghetto slang becomes the norm? This is similar to the effect computers have had to the overall quality of handwriting.

OMG, you're so right. I witness how my daughter's friends type messages to her in emails and I'm like, "wtf is going on with 9 year olds nowadays?? I never, ever had that bad of grammar.
SO, I harp on my daughter to watch what she is typing.

OMG, you're so right. I witness how my daughter's friends type messages to her in emails and I'm like, "wtf is going on with 9 year olds nowadays?? I never, ever had that bad of grammar.
SO, I harp on my daughter to watch what she is typing.

before my mom got her accounting degree, she was an english teacher for 10 years. correct english and grammar were beaten into me from a young age, and i blame any lapses on repression of that emotional abuse

before my mom got her accounting degree, she was an english teacher for 10 years. correct english and grammar were beaten into me from a young age, and i blame any lapses on repression of that emotional abuse

My dad was really into proper English. If I dropped a 't' from a word etc. he'd immediately and angrily say 'WHAT WAS THAT?' and I'd say it properly. He also drilled into me from a young age how to hold pens etc. properly, he didn't with my younger sister and she writes like a toddler still (she is now 15).

What I want to know is this: who the hell takes a picture to post on CL when they looked whacked out on some type of oppiate? This chick looks wrecked!