wow, I feel sorry for Americans...

what's voting in canada like? i can't remember if I've actually voted for anything there or not. isn't it a ballot on which you use a pencil to shade in the box for your choice for MP or MLA?

Jonny_B said:
what's voting in canada like? i can't remember if I've actually voted for anything there or not. isn't it a ballot on which you use a pencil to shade in the box for your choice for MP or MLA?

Paper ballots is the most common. I think some places might have electronic, but we seem to be doing just find with hand counts.

"nobody can break into the system because they don't have the phone number".

secrecy is the worst crypto out there. a system isn't secure unless it's exposed to attacks and vulnerabilities discovered. I'm all for low tech on this one

jaxxor said:
"nobody can break into the system because they don't have the phone number".

secrecy is the worst crypto out there. a system isn't secure unless it's exposed to attacks and vulnerabilities discovered. I'm all for low tech on this one

clearly they didn't see the movie wargames.

ChikkenNoodul said:
It's hard because sometimes the moose carrying the ballot box goes into a pond and the ballots get soggy

dumbass, we don't vote the meese.

We have a pengiun system. Each candidate is assigned a number, for instance, Bush would be number 2, Kerry number 3.

If you vote for bush, you would place 2 pengiuns outside your igloo that night. If you vote for Kerry it would be 3. Then, first light the next morning Canada's air force flies over Canada and counts the pengiuns. This only takes a few days because our airforce is equipped with the latest in WWII fighter plane technology.

crazymike said:

We have a pengiun system. Each candidate is assigned a number, for instance, Bush would be number 2, Kerry number 3.

If you vote for bush, you would place 2 pengiuns outside your igloo that night. If you vote for Kerry it would be 3. Then, first light the next morning Canada's air force flies over Canada and counts the pengiuns. This only takes a few days because our airforce is equipped with the latest in WWII fighter plane technology.
What happens if the penguin eggs hatch overnight?

crazymike said:

What if a polar bear comes by and kills pengiun #3 with a baseball bat and you then only have 2 pengiun's and accidentally vote for Bush?

bast_imret said:
What if a polar bear comes by and kills pengiun #3 with a baseball bat and you then only have 2 pengiun's and accidentally vote for Bush?

You leave your childrens window open on the night of election. Polar bears are like catholic priests. They prefer a fresh juicy little boy over pretty much anything.

ChikkenNoodul said:
Ahh, that's perfect.

And you save money on food at the same time.

My whole opinion of Canada is improving

two words: Canadian Bacon.

It's a farce! It's not bacon, it's just ham! I call shens on canada!

bast_imret said:
two words: Canadian Bacon.

It's a farce! It's not bacon, it's just ham! I call shens on canada!

pemale bacon is awsome. Especially when rolled in corn bread crumbs.