wow, I feel sorry for Americans...

C

crazymike

No offence, but your polling system is ridiculous.

I'm watching this show on discovery channel about how your electronic voting works. Everything is saved on a cartridge/disk, then it is opened with a laptop where it calls the central tabulator and sends this information.

ANYBODY with minor hacking skills can phone this number and write a simple VB script to change/add/remove votes from the system.

Their security measure is as follows "nobody can break into the system because they don't have the phone number". However, the guy on the show was able to obtain this phonenumber with the freedom of information act.

This is rediculous. Although it's highly illegal, they don't even have a paper trail eveywhere, and no way to check if it's been hacked.

The population of india is something 4-5x that of the USA. And they can handle all their voting electronicly with no problems and do it quickly and efficiently. It's all the same equipment and they properly test it.

Sorry, but I find it rather ridiculous that the most 'powerful' nation in the world has such an insecure voting process.

Last edited by a moderator:
and just remember, the person we elect with this oh-so-fucked up system will have access to a shit load of nukes, the ability to help influence national economies around the world, and political power beyond anyone else

kinda scary when you look at how fucked up and patched together our voting system is

Viremia said:
and just remember, the person we elect with this oh-so-fucked up system will have access to a shit load of nukes, the ability to help influence national economies around the world, and political power beyond anyone else

kinda scary when you look at how fucked up and patched together our voting system is

It's scary. Canada probably isn't much better, but it just blows my mind how many loop holes the system has. And especially when this is such a big election. It's not just Americans who have interest in this election. There are many people in countries that the US can't touch. People could very easily hack the system from these countries without fear of being caught.

Not only that, but what about the terrorists? It's silly when they have better firewalls/security on the inventory system at mcdonalds than they do on the polling systems.

crazymike said:
The population of india is something 4-5x that of the USA. And they can handle all their voting electronicly with no problems and do it quickly and efficiently. It's all the same equipment and they properly test it.

There's more bastards in America who want to fuck with they system.

I wouldn't really care about messing with India's system.
I don't like salam over habib or whatever. Makes no difference to me.

But a lot of people know who is in the White House, and a whole lot of people actually care who that is.

I could give a rat's ass about who is running India. Ghandi, or Salami, or whoever's in there has 0 impact on my life. Why would I want to screw with their election?

Mondoz said:
There's more bastards in America who want to fuck with they system.

I wouldn't really care about messing with India's system.
I don't like salam over habib or whatever. Makes no difference to me.

But a lot of people know who is in the White House, and a whole lot of people actually care who that is.

I could give a rat's ass about who is running India. Ghandi, or Salami, or whoever's in there has 0 impact on my life. Why would I want to screw with their election?

exactly, and they still take the time to ahve a safe, accurate and secure voting system.

crazymike said:
exactly, and they still take the time to ahve a safe, accurate and secure voting system.

I think that's like saying my toilet tank is secure just because no one has broken into it.
No one would want to break into it... But I can still say how no one has been able to break into it...

Mondoz said:
I think that's like saying my toilet tank is secure just because no one has broken into it.
No one would want to break into it... But I can still say how no one has been able to break into it...

not really, I saw a TV special on their system, it's very, very secure.

crazymike said:

Just out of curiousity, what's the voter turnout in those countries?

Does it equal the amount of people that vote in the US?

Just because a country has more people than the US, doesn't mean they all vote.

We made need this system because there's no way a secure vote as stated would generate the results in time.

Coqui said:
Just out of curiousity, what's the voter turnout in those countries?

Does it equal the amount of people that vote in the US?

Just because a country has more people than the US, doesn't mean they all vote.

We made need this system because there's no way a secure vote as stated would generate the results in time.

their voter turn out is massive. Voting takes over 3 weeks and they have over 1 million electronic voting machines. I think they have well over 600 million registered voters.

I would imagine when your salary is $10 a week, you are damn sure going to vote to make sure the new guy doesn't take 1/2 that in taxes.

Last edited by a moderator: