Would you treat homosexuality if it were as simple as a pill?

I can totally see this scenario now:

"Dude , I totally love the wang!"

"Here, take this pill."

*gulp*

"Woah, suddenly I despise the wang and am filled with love for the vagina...and nascar."

Well, lets say that homosexuality is a "condition" and somewhere down the line there is a therapy developed with which to prevent it. I would imagine it would run along the same lines as any other genetic manipulation. In essence breeding out perceived flaws in the human race. This can go beyond homosexuality to embrace females, short people, dark skinned people, hell, everything that Hitler despised to be honest.

Sure we could do that, and lets face it, many people would be on board for that. I bet even in this small internet community people would be willing to subject their potentially conceived embryos to "treatment" in order to prevent "defects". The question is, what is a defect?

I mean really, David, your "gay" threads are interesting and thought provoking but I can't help to always pick up a note of self loathing in them. So, let me ask YOU... if there was a "treatment" for homosexuality available when you were inutero... do you wish your parents would have administered it to you?

Yes. And I am sure they would have used it, too. I mean they cut my wang off because of "tradition", why wouldn't taking a chemical to make me "normal" be any different?

I sensed the same thing Zengirl did. Not comfortable in your own skin? You should be; screw what other (ignorant) people may think.

I guess I would really just want a healthy baby. It would break my heart to see my child struggle through society and life if they were gay, because I have seen how difficult that can be on a person. I'm willing to bet this is why Dave is uncomfy in his skin, especially considering where he lives. In Ohio employers have the right to fire people based on their sexual orientation, renters can refuse to rent based on sexual orientation, in other words, there are no real rights for GLBT's. Sure you can say "screw what other people think" but when you run into problems like this I bet it is difficult to keep your head up. I would have to think long and hard about taking such a pill. I would want my kids to be happy however they live their lives.

Um, yeah, that's the point. It's still perfectly okay to discriminate against gays in most places. It wasn't really part of the whole civil rights movement.
there aren't any blanket laws that prevent any kind of discriminatory hiring and firing? or were they dumb enough to just add one thing at a time to the list of stuff that can't be discriminated against?

Downs' Syndrome is biological 100% and yet they cannot vote, nor get married legally. There are civil rights and liberties some people with biological "ailments" cannot be a part of. Would homosexuality (more exactly marriage) be part of that?

Does homosexuality reduce your mental abilities to those of a child?

Why do you dislike being gay? Is it because you're tired of anti-gay sentiments or have the retards of the world actually convinced you that you are 'abnormal' or 'weird'?

Last edited:
I guess I would really just want a healthy baby. It would break my heart to see my child struggle through society and life if they were gay, because I have seen how difficult that can be on a person. I'm willing to bet this is why Dave is uncomfy in his skin, especially considering where he lives. In Ohio employers have the right to fire people based on their sexual orientation, renters can refuse to rent based on sexual orientation, in other words, there are no real rights for GLBT's. Sure you can say "screw what other people think" but when you run into problems like this I bet it is difficult to keep your head up. I would have to think long and hard about taking such a pill. I would want my kids to be happy however they live their lives.

On the same token, Dave wouldn't be Dave if he was straight and the world would be worse for it. I mean seriously, people say they want to spare their kids the pain of growing up differently, but who says an easy life is better?

I know life isn't easy for people who are different, but I really cringe to think of a world where we make the different people obsolete, and everyone is the same.

You're always going to have your backwards places where women are still inferior, minorities aren't even human and gays are aliens from another planet... but why would we consider catering to these sorts of closeminded philosophies and make them right? Ugh, I just don't like that idea at all.

I think that's part of the reason why I want a black baby.