Would you Play this sort of racing game?

lemon_fresh

Half-staff Member
Oct 14, 2004
Marklar
₥5
Game Design Idea: The Ultimate Racing Game

http://www.thenewgamer.com/journals/r_lefeuvre/2005/02/game_design_idea_the_ultimate_racing_game.php

From the site:
Okay, you know those cool navigation systems installed in cars that show you a map of where you are and can give you directions to any destination (the nice ones even have a friendly female voice that tells you when to turn)? I think that it's a technology that is being wasted with it's simple mapquest duties!

I want to use the system to create a racing game. It loads up checkpoints on the map and gives you the green flag. As you speed through town following the marked locations the system verifies that you hit each one and then clocks in your final time to a server that tracks the top 10!

-- I'd play. A gumball rally for the 21st century. I like racing around town any way so I could be a competive asshole instead of just an asshole who races around town for no reason.

I don't like the idea of idiots careening through my neighborhood on some stupid race. Clear the streets and sure, I'd go for it.

smileyfat said:
I don't like the idea of idiots careening through my neighborhood on some stupid race. Clear the streets and sure, I'd go for it.

How about if we did it in big empty states like Idaho or the Dakotas? or if you were only allowed to "play" at like 3 or 4 am?

Now that I think about it, this could be readily applied at a closed road course, ala Sebring down here in Florida.

April23 said:
BEST IDEA EVER.... sign me up. :)

How the hell would you expect to win? You'd need one of those big ass dualie trucks to haul your fat around. I guess if it were a downhill race you'd be the winnar.

lemon_fresh said:
How the hell would you expect to win? You'd need one of those big ass dualie trucks to haul your fat around. I guess if it were a downhill race you'd be the winnar.
:lol:

Can't I just equipt a regular car as an RC? Sniff.

ChikkenNoodul said:
Seeing as it's relatively easy to get the newer diesel ones to something like 700HP / 1000lb/tq, that's not that much of a stretch :fly:

Yeah but what about the Transmission and Gearing? That would need modifcation as well, wouldn't it??

Yeah that's a great idea... A shitload of damn kids that barely have gotten their license driving around town like maniacs to beat this weeks hi-score. Fucking moronic idea.

Am I getting old and responsible? :(

ChikkenNoodul said:
Well it'd have to be open to people who've been driving for at least a few years only, IMO
You mean like Doom III is only for people over 15 or whatever? heh