Votes: 4 28.6%

• Total voters

Dory Berkowitz-Bukowski

Clam whisperer
Oct 15, 2004
Robin Hood Country
Marklar
₥14,345
I was pondering this on my walk to work today. Recently we got a poster through our door by the lovely residents living around me. The council has proposed to use some houses on the street next to mine to house youth offenders in order to rehabilitate them etc. after they do their time inside. Obvioulsy all the rich people living round me were up in arms about this and figured crime rates would go up ten fold etc. etc. and there were quotes of "not in our neighbourhood" cliche bollocks. Anyway, I had no real objection to the proposed scheme, unlike everybody else around me.

Anyway, this got me thinking about whether I would live next door to a brothel (if they were legal as I think they should be). I live in an area where there's hookers on the corners half the time and I think if a nice businesswoman came to my door and said "Hey I'm gonna open up a brothel next door" I don't think I would object given that: She explained the business practice i.e. are there opening hours etc., could guarantee that the girls working were fairly stable and happy and that she insulated her house so I didn't have to hear it all going on. I'm sure most people wouldn't agree with this sentiment, I just wondered whether anybody else would live next door to a brothel? I don't think I'd move to a house next to one, but if one was being made next to me I wouldn't mind.

Last edited:
You have councils, same thing sorta. If brothels were a business they'd be located in industrial parks around here probably.

You don't have to be such a frickin pragmatist, it was a hypothetical question not an invite for you to jump onto wiki and give some legalass answer.

Lighten up.

Im just saying it would make more sense to put it by the highway!

Typically the best looking, cleanest, and most common sense people doesn't work in brothels so no I don't want them living next door to me. Two blocks over is ok.

I guess this could two ways. Either the residents of said brothel could be nitwits who don't understand their situation, or they could walk on eggshells so as not to be grabbed by the long arm of the law again. I'm not sure which, but since I own a mighty fine shotgun and they probably don't I wouldn't be too worried about it. I'm not a fan of condemning people forever for mistakes they make. I am, however, a pragmatist and a realist. People don't usually go to prison or juvie for being swell individuals.

Sorry, I was talking about the juvie home on that response.

Brothels would annoy the living shit out of me. They belong in underground bunkers in the desert, not neighborhoods where the nuisance would probably make me want to cap a bitch.

Last edited:
I think I DO live next to a brothel. At least I know I live next to a crack-whore. Not sure whether her bidness can be considered a whole brothel.

Anyway, it kinda sucks. The place just looks really trashy and I feel bad for her kid.

As long as they weren't disturbing me I wouldn't care. Might have an upside too...f the economy in my area kept heading south like it is currently I could go and work next door. :p