Would you get mad if...

zengirl

If I had a dollar might give ya 99
Oct 15, 2004
Marklar
₥100
You walk into the video store with your significant other and he/she started flirting with the person behind the counter... right in front of you? I tried to get a word in edgewise and be a part of the happy exchange but I was blocked. :( After the fact I mentioned it, and he said that he wouldn't normally flirt with someone but thought it was okay since I was there and it made him feel good that someone other than me thought he was interesting. Should I be worried?

Was it really flirting or just being talkative? I often get accused of flirting because I speak freely to the opposite sex. If it really was flirting, that's disrespectful and not something I tolerate.

fly said:
Was it really flirting or just being talkative? I often get accused of flirting because I speak freely to the opposite sex. If it really was flirting, that's disrespectful and not something I tolerate.

QFT - yet he thought it was all right since she was there to "supervise" I guess. :fly:

fly said:
Oh, he admitted he was flirting, and said that he hadn't flirted in a long time. He went on to say that it made him feel good knowing that another person found him interesting and that he doesn't typically do that because he feels guilty flirting when I'm not around. Yes, he went home with me, and now I'm on the internet while he plays video games. :confused:

zengirl said:
You walk into the video store with your significant other and he/she started flirting with the person behind the counter... right in front of you? I tried to get a word in edgewise and be a part of the happy exchange but I was blocked. :( After the fact I mentioned it, and he said that he wouldn't normally flirt with someone but thought it was okay since I was there and it made him feel good that someone other than me thought he was interesting. Should I be worried?

in this case, probably. Because he's not the type to always flirt.

Personally I'm a very flirtatious person. But in an innocent way. I flirt with almost every girl I meet. My ex girlfriend kind of ruined this a bit, but I'm getting it back. But she used to lose it all the time and it usually wasn't my fault. Like we would go to the bank and the teller would flirt with me and I didn't even flirt back, but I still got in trouble.

zengirl said:
Oh, he admitted he was flirting, and said that he hadn't flirted in a long time. He went on to say that it made him feel good knowing that another person found him interesting and that he doesn't typically do that because he feels guilty flirting when I'm not around. Yes, he went home with me, and now I'm on the internet while he plays video games. :confused:

Everyone loves attention, but there is a line to (as fly said) being disrespectful or just being goofy... its up to you guys if he crossed that line or not. We internet people don't know how you guys like to have a relationship. :)

crazymike said:
in this case, probably. Because he's not the type to always flirt.

Personally I'm a very flirtatious person. But in an innocent way. I flirt with almost every girl I meet. My ex girlfriend kind of ruined this a bit, but I'm getting it back. But she used to lose it all the time and it usually wasn't my fault. Like we would go to the bank and the teller would flirt with me and I didn't even flirt back, but I still got in trouble.
I've never seen him flirt before and admittedly he's not a flirtatious person so tonight kind of caught me off guard. I felt kind of awkward standing there while my boyfriend and a strange girl exchanged words and looks. A person shouldn't feel like a third wheel in their own relationship. :(

zengirl said:
I've never seen him flirt before and admittedly he's not a flirtatious person so tonight kind of caught me off guard. I felt kind of awkward standing there while my boyfriend and a strange girl exchanged words and looks. A person shouldn't feel like a third wheel in their own relationship. :(

see, that's not the type of flirting I do. I just joke around and act flirtatious with these woman. But I'm not even interested in them, I'm just being friendly.

Drool-Boy said:
Id say if he didnt pull out his wang and wave it at her , youve nothing to be mad about.
Yeah, there was none of that. He even mentioned to me in the car how odd it was for him. Is it wrong to allow a man the fun of being found attractive by a random woman if he doesn't act upon it, and if he feels your presence there as a witness makes it okay? If you think about it, there was no true betrayal. :confused:

zengirl said:
should I? Is flirting that bad? It isn't cheating, is it?

Whoa there turbo. Maybe the relationship isn't that strong if you can drop it just like that.

<sniped> I rambled and it wasn't on topic.

Flirting is more forgivable then cheating... don't place them on the same level.

zengirl said:
Yeah, there was none of that. He even mentioned to me in the car how odd it was for him. Is it wrong to allow a man the fun of being found attractive by a random woman if he doesn't act upon it, and if he feels your presence there as a witness makes it okay? If you think about it, there was no true betrayal. :confused:

Sounds just like an ego boost he had, nothing more.