Would you attend a Straight Pride parade?

Equality is only something that people SAY they want.

No one wants everyone to earn the same as them. To drive the same car as them. To live in the same kind of house as them. To eat the same kinds of food. To practice the same religion. To wear the same clothes. Equality is at the root of Communism and we all know how well that works out.

People always have preferred to segregate into groups. Children do it without even realizing it. Its ingrained in us and isn't a bad thing. You want equality here? Find us an alien species that we can enslave. Someone who we can be better than...

I think there's a difference in between equality and sameness (is that even a word?). I think equality should be about everyone having equal opportunities, equal rights. It's about giving everyone the freedom to choose how they want to live their lives without fear of persecution for their choices. In this case, it's not that I want everyone to be gay or straight. I simply want gay people to have the same opportunities that straight people do. If some gay person wants to live in the same neighborhood as a straight person, they should be able to provided they can afford it. If a gay person wants to have the same job as a straight person they should be able to provided they are qualified for it. If a gay person wants to shop at the same clothings stores as a straight person they should be able to provided they can afford that. It's not about making everyone do the same thing, it's giving everyone the opportunities to do and acheive whatever personal goals they set.

I don't understand the need to have a parade. Fuck what you want to fuck, don't screw with traffic to do it. That's just annoying.