Would you attend a Straight Pride parade?

dbzeag

Wants to kiss you where it stinks
Jun 9, 2006
Marklar
₥1,014
So I was just reading about this:

[ame="http://current.com/items/89080638_straight_pride_parade"]Straight Pride Parade // Current[/ame]

Call me weird, but I would attend that and show my support for equality and unity. I would be very interested as to how an event like this is played out. I mean it could be a militant call to arms with extreme protection of family, or it could be a day out and celebrating family and heterosexuality, like a giant park day or something.

Would those of you heter attend? Would you support an event of family and hetero celebration?

parades suck and aren't all parades that aren't gay pride parades pretty much straight pride parades?

I think the last one I've been to was during mardi gras in ~'94 or '95 and that's entirely excusable considering it's mardi gras

I would not attend. The bands for an adjoining festival would never be as good as the gay ones. I mean, would Bush and Creed come out of retirement? Kill me, please.

There are good gay bands? I can only think of Scissor Sisters, and even then they aren't all gay.

I am all for having whatever parade you want to peacefully celebrate or show awareness to any cause as long as it does not advertise violence to others. If that is a family parade to celebrate heterosexuality, I am all for it.