Would anyone be interested in riddles?

bast_imret

Erect Member
Oct 26, 2004
Marklar
₥157
So on another forum I frequent, they have a section just for riddles. Some of the threads are ongoing ones, where it's little one liners and word games, and once someone gets one, the person who got it posts another in the same thread.

Alot of them though are full on riddles, many written by members of the forum. When you post one, you put and icon next to the thread topic, a smiley or something, to indicate it's not solved. Once it's solved, you take the icon away.

I had been working on some of them for awhile, and finally made my own recently. Got me thinking that some of the people here might like riddles too. Would anyone be interested in doing some? I can post a couple to get things started. I could post them in the Mass Debate forum too, since the threads there don't move as fast, and it does kinda need to stay on topic.

Thoughts?

Alternate Reality Gaming. Multiple riddles and puzzles intertwined around a plot line that tries to blur the edges of the game and reality. For example, you can get phone calls from in-story characters or clues mailed to you from them. I Love Bees (the ARG that announced Halo2) was probably the most popular and well know of the genre. Perplex City is the current hotness, but I don't dig the card collecting aspect of it.

ChikkenNoodul said:
What has a booming business, yet profits none; entirely organic, but completely unnatural; never sleeps but is always relaxed; and gives back everything it receives?
IRC?

theacoustician said:
Alternate Reality Gaming. Multiple riddles and puzzles intertwined around a plot line that tries to blur the edges of the game and reality. For example, you can get phone calls from in-story characters or clues mailed to you from them. I Love Bees (the ARG that announced Halo2) was probably the most popular and well know of the genre. Perplex City is the current hotness, but I don't dig the card collecting aspect of it.

perplex city drove me mad.

theacoustician said:
Make that 100 hawtness points. You playing anything currently?

unfortunately no. these past two months have been hell and i havent had time to do much of anything, much less keep track of an ARG. the only thing close would be lost's little ARG, which i thought was a pretty feckin clever marketing scheme. any recommendations?

ok, so still need some more input on if people would like to start some riddle threads. And would you like to have them in Useless Chatter, or in Mass Debate. I think they'd get drowned in all the spammity spam in the UC forum.

InfluX said:
unfortunately no. these past two months have been hell and i havent had time to do much of anything, much less keep track of an ARG. the only thing close would be lost's little ARG, which i thought was a pretty feckin clever marketing scheme. any recommendations?
I was playing ILB2 during the first phase. Subsquent phases have sucked big nuts. Its so impossibly incoherent, no one could follow it. That and 90% of it took place on IRC so you'd have to park yourself there for hours at a time. Talk about soul sucking.

I then moved on to www.alternatereality.us, but its so isoteric that I couldn't figure out what the hell to do next or even what the point was. That, and there aren't really any prizes. I can fill you in further if you care.

I'd like to actually run one, but I'd need more than a few puppetmasters to help. Interested?

theacoustician said:

I have no clue what you just said but I'm intrigued enough to look it up now.

As I was going to St. Ives I met a man with seven wives. Every wife had seven sacks, every sack had seven cats, every cat had seven kits. Kits, cats, sacks, wives - how many were going to St. Ives?