FYI World of Beercation II - THE DIRTAH SOUF

You really think I don't have that covered? LOL

I know you don't have a million+ bucks lying around, so you're going to have to work for it if you expect to live comfortably for the rest of your life, of which you probably have 50% remaining. /vanilladadlecture

I know you don't have a million+ bucks lying around, so you're going to have to work for it if you expect to live comfortably for the rest of your life, of which you probably have 50% remaining. /vanilladadlecture

Your math is terrible. Our comfortable living costs would NEVER need a million dollars.

Your math is terrible. Our comfortable living costs would NEVER need a million dollars.

Hey, if you say so. You're the financial expert.

2 people @ 40-50 years with bills, expenses, inflation, and god forbid anything medical should ever happen to you. That's the real kicker. Insurance won't take care of you. A million bucks gives you $25,000/year to live on every year for 40 years, or roughly $2k/month.

Again, good luck. :fly:

Hey, if you say so. You're the financial expert.

2 people @ 40-50 years with bills, expenses, inflation, and god forbid anything medical should ever happen to you. That's the real kicker. Insurance won't take care of you. A million bucks gives you $25,000/year to live on every year for 40 years, or roughly $2k/month.

Again, good luck. :fly:

So you're not investing any money. Good idea. Don't forget inflation then!

like investing.

This isn't really a talk, right?
Depends on the investment.

Lets say you buy a laundromat. It's an investment, you can significantly effect the outcome, business decisions etc.

Lets say instead of buying that laundromat you buy $20,000 worth the stock in ExxonMobil. It's definitely not enough of an interest to have any practicable outcome on the decisions made by the company. So it would be a "gamble."

Most investing is gambling where the only difference is that you can make semi-informed decisions about risk.