Worksaferest

I don't mean to be a total dick, but shouldn't you guys be working while at work?

Posting on the forum and then having to steralize it while you don't do your job seems a little silly to me. I know that if I was running a bussiness I wouldn't want my employees messing around on forums. I'd want them working.

What exactly is it that makes you slack off and not work? If you say that there isn't anything to be done, that's bull shit. You can always find work to do. This just doesn't make a damn bit of sense to me.

djduquet said:
I don't mean to be a total dick, but shouldn't you guys be working while at work?

Posting on the forum and then having to steralize it while you don't do your job seems a little silly to me. I know that if I was running a bussiness I wouldn't want my employees messing around on forums. I'd want them working.

What exactly is it that makes you slack off and not work? If you say that there isn't anything to be done, that's bull shit. You can always find work to do. This just doesn't make a damn bit of sense to me.

In any job there's downtime. Plus the majority of people here post during the day while they are at work and not while at home

djduquet said:

Ever try this technique of doing more than you have to? The only thing it get's is a) your position is eliminated because if you are getting shitloads done they must not need you b) more work because you obviously dont have enough.

Coqui said:
In any job there's downtime.
A blatant falsehood.

djduquet said:

This is America. Working is for Asia.

djduquet said:

I do multiple things at one time and lots of the stuff I do involves waiting for something. Like waiting for a computer to load a new OS image while testing out software or waiting ldap syncs on test servers.

djduquet said:

I'm sure you're the pinnacle of personal and professional drive and never slack off of doing anything. The rest of us are just regular old crappy human beings who need to entertain ourselves in ways that our jobs occasionally do not provide us.

djduquet said:

You've never worked a day in your life have you?

ChikkenNoodul said:
You've never worked a day in your life have you?
Have you? :fly:

The truth is, I'm certain that we have all worked our asses off to get ourselves into a position where we can enjoy some leeway and freetime while at work. I know I've earned my stripes over the years.

KNYTE said:
I'm sure you're the pinnacle of personal and professional drive and never slack off of doing anything. The rest of us are just regular old crappy human beings who need to entertain ourselves in ways that our jobs occasionally do not provide us.

OMG... Knyte.... WE AGREE!!!

Wait... can you see this post? :confused:

There isn't a job on earth outside of surgery that keeps you occupied for the entire time you're doing it. There's always downtime.

I log in and out periodically throughout the day so see whats happening; but I dont spend every waking moment on here, and I AM management as well as a PRINCIPAL in the company I work for. ( i.e. my check directly reflects my companie's (and my own) productivity.)

I think most people on this forum are successful at what they do, and educated... so who the fuck cares if you are taking breaks here and there as long as the work gets done. It's called prioritizing.

Candy said:
I log in and out periodically throughout the day so see whats happening; but I dont spend every waking moment on here, and I AM management as well as a PRINCIPAL in the company I work for. ( i.e. my check directly reflects my companie's (and my own) productivity.)

I think most people on this forum are successful at what they do, and educated... so who the fuck cares if you are taking breaks here and there as long as the work gets done. It's called prioritizing.

What is this company you speak of?

fly said:
Have you? :fly:

The truth is, I'm certain that we have all worked our asses off to get ourselves into a position where we can enjoy some leeway and freetime while at work. I know I've earned my stripes over the years.
I should've said "You've never gotten paid to sit at a desk all day, have you?" :fly:

I worked for many years here before I was able to do this kind of thing, and there are still lots of times I'm too busy to even visit, let alone post.

Now my life is mostly conference calls...

Sarcasmo said:
There isn't a job on earth outside of surgery that keeps you occupied for the entire time you're doing it. There's always downtime.

QFT
Ive worked all kinds of jobs, civillian and govt, and theres ALWAYS butt-pickin time.