Ontopic Working wood for fun and profit

Dadgummit. I didn't want to actually mention what I'm doing. You guys are frustrating

Look at Hilla Shamia's work. I am doing something similar to that, but I don't want a half and half aluminum and wood combo. I'm thinking about going more wood surface area than aluminum, but still have that theme throughout the entire piece. However, I have yet to decide how exactly I want to cast the aluminium, how I want to shape the legs.
why you gotta be so vague.

upon googleing that person work though, thats actually pretty cool.

How you gonna avoid lighting your wood on fire? give it a good soak beforehand?

Because its a magic trick. Because I ask for vague info, everyone goes "wtf?" and then a month later I show up with this beautiful piece of work. Boom.

Also, they don't light on fire without oxygen. That's easy to prevent.
So, when are we gonna see beautiful pictures of your finished Mustang then?

Dadgummit. I didn't want to actually mention what I'm doing. You guys are frustrating

Look at Hilla Shamia's work. I am doing something similar to that, but I don't want a half and half aluminum and wood combo. I'm thinking about going more wood surface area than aluminum, but still have that theme throughout the entire piece. However, I have yet to decide how exactly I want to cast the aluminium, how I want to shape the legs.

So, can you 'cast' aluminum legs in the shape of branches? Then, like the wooden reindeer, paint some of the leg to match the seat?

If you painted like 33% from the seat down the legs could look like they 'fade' into aluminum branches. But, the opposite may be cooler. 'branches' on the ground fading up to aluminum holding the seat portion.

5 minute Sketchup sketch idea.

Materials: square or rectangular steel pipe, flat steel bar stock, some bolts, more wood for the feet and some welding rods. Tools are roller bender, welder and angle grinder.

40tppPG.png

Weld the frame together, grind off the sharp edges, wire wheel it and blacken it by burning some old motor oil onto it, it'll look much better than if you painted it. Seal the log well with a whole lot of coats of urethane to preserve it and keep people from getting ass splinters.

It won't make you an "artiste" but it'll go together quick and it'll scream "I'm a man that can make shit."