Ontopic Working wood for fun and profit

Mr. Argumentor

I fab shitboxes and shitbox accessories.
Sep 27, 2012
Tampa-ish
Marklar
₥73,810
Steam
asastang
So, @kiwi, @Domon, @Jehannum, @anyone else who does woodworking

I'm looking at turning this into a low bench. What would you do for the legs for this? I will be leaving the curve of the bottom of the log in place, I won't be planing it down or anything. The tops of them are already cleaned up more, but they'll still look "rustic" on top and on the outside.

To be clear, whatever you come up with I can already guarantee that I won't be following it solely because of the way I'm going to be making this, but I'm looking for an idea or an image of it. Y'know?

MKdUzPL.jpg

• Gravy
Reactions: my little brony
No, I'm not sure how I want to design the legs, but I won't be making them out of wood. So no matter what the design is, I won't be following it other than visually.
The image is what I want.

No, I'm not sure how I want to design the legs, but I won't be making them out of wood. So no matter what the design is, I won't be following it other than visually.
The image is what I want.

Might get better suggestions if you tell people what you are making them out of instead of what you're not.

I suggest old crank shafts, preferably of equal length, and some upsidedown pistons for drink holders.

Weld together some iron, make something that looks like it should be next to a fireplace.
I'm looking for more actual woodworking style designs. Something like old church pews or some such.

Might get better suggestions if you tell people what you are making them out of instead of what you're not.
Nope.
What I'm making requires a mold, so I can make quite literally anything I can make a mold of. The design, the look is the important aspect of this, not the material, not the method of construction.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
I'm looking for more actual woodworking style designs. Something like old church pews or some such.

Nope.
What I'm making requires a mold, so I can make quite literally anything I can make a mold of. The design, the look is the important aspect of this, not the material, not the method of construction.

10-4