Work Rant Thread

fly

omg
Oct 1, 2004
Marklar
₥84,080
Steam
mattressfish
We had the ESX 5 upgrade go terribly wrong at work yesterday. Instantly lost about 300 servers. Some servers didn't come back up. Some did but with no network. Some came up but a shit ton of services never started. Was on a long call last night and today is going to be terrible.

How's your work?

Great. I did a couple of hours yesterday. None today. I may, or may not, do a small amount tomorrow. I haven't decided yet. As long as I keep getting a paycheck, I am happy to continue not doing much work.

So glad you started this, I wanted to yesterday but felt like I was being too grumpy.

My office is like a fucking comedy show. My manager comes in and out as she pleases, 'works through' her lunch when it suits so she can leave early and none of this applies to anyone else. One woman works 2 days a week, on both days she swans in, chats for an hour, leaves to fetch breakfast, eats for the next 20 minutes, chats more, makes coffee, does the odd bit of work and then chats. She never finishes her work in the 2 days and more often than not I end up doing it for her so the doctor wont be pissed off. We also have the biggest fucking cunt ever working in our office who is so self important she's now manufactured her e-mail signature to not just state her name and her title (SECRETARY), she's actually listed every single doctor she works for underneath her name in an attempt to look thuper important. Her e-mail signature is longer than any email she's ever sent.

Yesterday super self important bitch knew our manager was off but 'had to keep it a secret' because otherwise the manager would find out her husband was giving her a surprise. She kept on about it all day as if keeping a secret is a) a hard fucking thing to do and b) like she's the only person important enough to manage to keep some shitty secret none of us were interested in. God I fucking hate her. I've already told her I can't wait until she goes off on mat leave to have her monster ugly, racist, future xenophobe child. She's such a horrible human being.

Aaaaaaanyway. Coffee time.

I'm not at work yet, but it will probably be a day full of timekeeping implementation, intranet integration with new hr system, and looking for a vacuum because my office is dirty and is never cleaned. Only because it has super security on it so the cleaning peeps can't get in there. :hs:

My hair is ALL OVER THE FLOOR. Disgusting.

I'm not at work yet, but it will probably be a day full of timekeeping implementation, intranet integration with new hr system, and looking for a vacuum because my office is dirty and is never cleaned. Only because it has super security on it so the cleaning peeps can't get in there. :hs:

My hair is ALL OVER THE FLOOR. Disgusting.

Eurgh, you've actually mutated into a cat and are now malting?

look-at-all-the-fucks-i-dont-give-theyre-just-falling-from-the-sky.jpg

Also massive super cunty bitch hates my doctor and has started to slander her ridiculously recently in an attempt to make people dislike her. This is because my doctor has given her back handed compliments (which were expertly done) that alluded to the fact she's an obese, ugly cow. I think super bitch thinks we all didn't notice this until my doc brought it to our attention.

Last week a pharma rep came in touting his TENS machines and she was like 'Oh do they work on pregnant women' and no shit the rep said 'Why are you planning on getting pregnant soon?'

She's 7 months along. But she just does look that fat.

This morning so far I have changed a massive poopy diaper. It smelled like rotting fish. Thank you rotovirus vaccine! Now I'm sitting on the couch reading the internets while my daughter sits next to me playing with her froggy toy and saying "Goo!" as loudly as possible. :)