work injuries

InfluX

Flaccid Member
Apr 1, 2006
the last frontier.
Marklar
₥0
lets hear about them.

what brings this thread about is that i was attacked by a trailer yesterday. i'm taller than i give myself credit for, which still isn't very tall. leave it to me to mildly concuss myself at a safety and survival store. i also had a technician once who got a scratch that became infected and almost led to an amputation.

anyway, i can't be the only person here hazardous to to their own health. share!

Throughout high school I worked at our voc ed program, which had four staff members, two of which I shared many funny stories with. Well one of the other two we don't like at all, and a couple months ago she suffered an on-the-job injury...

She slipped on a condom on the floor, fell face first, sprained her ankle.

I got a call on my cell phone at college from my old teacher, her letting me know. We laughed our asses off.

A tractor ran over my foot.

Fell into a grain bin and almost drowned.

Lit on fire once on the job.

I wait tables and back by the wait station at the restaurant we have to mop at the end of every night. Well that floor is like glass and I fall hard once a week. I have jammed my thumb, broken a rib, pulled muscles, broken glass, and tripped over purses flying head face into tables. Life is going to be a real bother for me when I’m 80. I detect a broken hip in my future.

My injuries aren't usually job related since I sit behind a computer all day. I'm clutsy so just walking can cause injury. The worst was when I busted my chin open on a concrete floor.

lately its just the random scrape or cut from a PC or thick plastic packaging new hardware comes in.

But when i worked in a furniture warehouse...
Sliced my hand open with a box cutter, Pulled my hamstring to the point i could barely walk, and the best one of all... driving my forklift full speed into one of the I beams running from the floor to the ceiling. Blacked out when i hit and had all kinds of bruses from the leavers and steering wheel.

Then there was the pizza place. Only thing that happened was crushing my thumb nail off with a big ass knife. It was pretty dull and my nails are like plexiglass.

i cut the top off of my thumb in high school while working at a restaurant. luckily, it grew back in a few months, bu the fucker bled for 8 hours.

HydroSqueegee said:
and the best one of all... driving my forklift full speed into one of the I beams running from the floor to the ceiling. Blacked out when i hit and had all kinds of bruses from the leavers and steering wheel.

since i already laughed at influx's...

:lol:

Mine are pretty benign, I only get hurt doing mundane things...

Badly sprained my thumb while mopping at a fast food place :lol: I caught it between a small gap in the queue 'fence'

And then at a later job, where our office was in my boss' attic at the start, I was running from the printer back to my desk and woke up on the floor with people staring at me - apparantly I caught my head on the slanted cieling on a corner and blacked out - got rushed to the hospital for that one

I've been zapped by live electrical outlets more than I care to tell about. Probably the two most spectacular was when I was on a ladder and got hit with 220, flew off the ladder and ended up smashing the back of my head on a desk below me.

The other was at a contruction site when I was connecting a main that I was told was cold, but it turned out to be very live. It was a 1440 service. Yeah, fun times.

Don't you have to fend off bears and rabid penguins and shit up there? That must be rough.

nothing really. couple little cuts and scrapes, that's about it. And I work in a mill too. We've had 29 OSHA incidents so far this year, and I don't know how many first aids. So far I have not contributed to any of them.

Infact, the worst injury I've ever had was when I sprained my back. Never broken a bone, never had a major injury. Guess I'm just lucky so far.

bast_imret said:
nothing really. couple little cuts and scrapes, that's about it. And I work in a mill too. We've had 29 OSHA incidents so far this year, and I don't know how many first aids. So far I have not contributed to any of them.

Infact, the worst injury I've ever had was when I sprained my back. Never broken a bone, never had a major injury. Guess I'm just lucky so far.

same here...never broken a bone or gotten a major injury...gotten stitches a few times but that's it