WTF Woman order by court to undergo surgery for cancer

On the fence about this one. But I think Duke has the right idea; if she's self sufficient then she's not too disabled to make her own choices. Like the dumb cunt that bought a used Mazda for 60 grand.

If she wants to die, let her. Guess I'm not on the fence anymore.
You say she's obvioulsy self sufficient just because she lives on her own. You forget that we're a welfare nanny state and if she has severe learning difficulties it's likely she has multiple carers coming round all the fucking time doing everything for her.

Yeah, this article really doesn't give us enough information to really make a judgment call here. What are her mental impairments?1 Are they just saying that because she has a phobia of hospitals and needles?2 Is she a ward of the state already3? Are they making her one so the state gets to say what happens to her?4 How is she supported outside of medical care?5 What is this surgery they are trying to perform on her?6 Are they taking her uterus?7 Does she not have any family to speak on her behalf?8 If she was already under the care of the govt. why did it have to go to court?9 Wouldn't they already be able to make decisions about her care?10 How did this get to court? Would someone with severe mental defects even be aware they had rights?11 Was she able to defend her position?12 I don't know, I just have so many questions.

1. Two
2. Probable
3. Aren't we all?
4. 1984
5. 1984
6. Fishfood
7. Colon
8. Possible
9. Europe
10. Jello
11. Sanitarium fodder
12. With soap

I hope this clears up all your questions.

You say she's obvioulsy self sufficient just because she lives on her own. You forget that we're a welfare nanny state and if she has severe learning difficulties it's likely she has multiple carers coming round all the fucking time doing everything for her.

In which case she's not self-sufficient and someone else should have power of attorney. :cool: