Ontopic WM3

Petunia

COVID POSITIVE FOREVER
Nov 16, 2010
Currently Locked up: esposa
Marklar
₥33,545
Three men convicted in the 1993 murders of three boys in West Memphis, Arkansas, were ordered released after entering new pleas following a court hearing, prosecutor Scott Ellington said Friday.

image6239068x_370x278.jpg

So they DIDNT DO IT, but they plead guilty
THOUGHTS?

http://www.cnn.com/2011/CRIME/08/19/arkansas.child.killings/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

Last edited:

If you read the story it says they never pled guilty. The three entered what is known as an Alford plea, which allows a defendant to maintain innocence while simultaneously acknowledging that the state has evidence to convict. Since this was pre-widespread DNA it wasn't that uncommon for people to be forced and railroaded into a plea based on circumstantial evidence. All they had was a weapon. And now DNA tests showed it wasn't them.

im watching the hearing and they just pleaded guilty.. i understand its an Alford plea.
also. Eddie Veder is sitting in the court room too. wow.

It's like that states version of pleading no contest. You're not saying you did it but you're not saying you didn't do it. Plus reading more on this it looks like they would have been realized via new trials anyway based on the DNA.

so im reading all the background info on this horrific story and i dont fucking understand why one of the boys step father wasnt arrested as HIS dna and his buddys dna was indeed found at the crime scene... ugh

6 lives... all fucked up

So having pled guilty does that mean they can't sue for compensation? I mean after 18 years inside, wrongly convicted, you'd at least want hooker money right?

whoever killed those little boys should burn in hell...

omg @ what was done to these 8yr old little boys :(

What's also sickening is that the father of one of them kept beating his son with a belt, because he was "supposed to stay home" and wait for him, even though he had no key to the house AND (the biggest factor here), the kid was only 8 fucking years old. He ran errands, came back, beat him, left, came home, but NEVER took the little boy with him, just beat his ass, expecting him to sit outside and wait for him. Unfuckingreal@the mentality of some people.