Wisdom teeth are lame

That was the worst three days of my life. By the fourth day I was coherent and could close my mouth.

I had general anaesthetic for mine, allegedly the oral surgeon had his foot on my chest to get one of them out for 45 minutes.

I was a wee bit sore when I woke up, but starving, thankfully they had ice cream at the dental school.

Didn't take any of the percs they gave me either.

So yeah, if you need to do it, go under, much less traumatic.

If you can do two at a time, I would strongly suggest it. 4 was just lame.

Zac tells me to do it all at once. I just want to get the side that bothers me most and let that be the end of it.

Youre the first person that I have heard to say do it in two trips.

Zac tells me to do it all at once. I just want to get the side that bothers me most and let that be the end of it.

Youre the first person that I have heard to say do it in two trips.

The only thing beneficial about doing it all at once is that you don't have to go back.

Lying in bed for two days staring at the ceiling with my mouth hanging open while hopped up on meds, cheeks packed full of gauze and suffering from dry mouth (the worst medical condition you could ever suffer from), was not a pleasant experience. I would have gladly taken two lesser trips to avoid that ridiculous situation.

Last edited:
I had all 4 of mine done at 16. Hardly even swelled up at all. Pretty much just shrugged it off.

Depends on how well you heal and handle injuries, I guess.