WINTER OLYMPICS - Ruski Style

Hey @APRIL you were saying yesterday when you posted the pic of Sochi and couldn't understand how they would have a wild dog problem. Here's some more stories so far. Now that everyone is arriving there is a flood of stories about how nasty it actually is there.

My hotel has no water. If restored, the front desk says, "do not use on your face because it contains something very dangerous.http://extramustard.si.com/2014/02/...ow-water-to-touch-her-face/?section=si_latest

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey @APRIL you were saying yesterday when you posted the pic of Sochi and couldn't understand how they would have a wild dog problem. Here's some more stories so far. Now that everyone is arriving there is a flood of stories about how nasty it actually is there.

My hotel has no water. If restored, the front desk says, "do not use on your face because it contains something very dangerous.http://extramustard.si.com/2014/02/...ow-water-to-touch-her-face/?section=si_latest
mmm a facade.

I've always enjoyed the olympics most on canadian stations, or bbc.

the US coverage is always fucking terrible chatterbox retards.

Last winter Olympics Dan and I were in Amsterdam and we had to watch in dang foreign language. I'm looking forward to understanding the rules and stuff. I never know unless some announcer drone is there to explain.

Nobody ever understood curling, even when explained in English.

I think that was the main draw to it, people trying to solve the puzzle of what the fuck was going on and discussing it with people around them at the bar.

Yeah, apparently the hotels were the last on the list to be completed. Everything else is apparently pretty much done tho...

Last edited:
Nobody ever understood curling, even when explained in English.

I think that was the main draw to it, people trying to solve the puzzle of what the fuck was going on and discussing it with people around them at the bar.

They had a curler on the radio (a woman) & the hosts were asking her about the sport and she couldn't boil anything down into coherent sentences. They need a PR person who can provide written scripts for some of these athletes so they don't appear so "you just don't understand."

They had a curler on the radio (a woman) & the hosts were asking her about the sport and she couldn't boil anything down into coherent sentences. They need a PR person who can provide written scripts for some of these athletes so they don't appear so "you just don't understand."

is there anything you dont have vitriol towards?