Thread Winter Olympics - 2018

No I love the Winter Olympics because most of the sports are legit sports and not things made up for Summer games (outside of track and field).

Except figure skating. Its not a sport. Its highly skilled and its beautiful yes. But its not sport.

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes
4b033b23d2ef86f1c8852f371e60b401.jpg

• Gravy
Reactions: Amstel and Ledboots
We were just at our local bar and some of the other patrons were bitching about how curling 'isn't a fucking sport'. TAKE THAT CANADIAN
If you guys ever find yourself in Halifax, we're going curling. It's fun as hell.

It's also an excuse to drink. Having a couple drinks actually helps, it warms you up and make it hurt less when you fall on your ass.

• Gravy
Reactions: APRIL
We were just at our local bar and some of the other patrons were bitching about how curling 'isn't a fucking sport'. TAKE THAT CANADIAN

Curling is sport, anyone who says otherwise is wrong.
Figure skating is like ballet. Its not sport, its entertainment. Sport is competition, dance isn't & thats not a criticism

Maybe, but your Olympic level negativity is pretty... Olympic.
I’m not negative on the games I’m negative on the fact that they don’t have anything to do with the sports it’s all about money grabs and corrupt business. Plus it’s worse when that’s happening on locations that can barely support themselves.

• Gravy
Reactions: Ledboots
I agree. Anything that involves judges isnt sport, its something else. Thats not a criticism. Singing and dancing and playing an instrument isnt sport, its entertainment

Exactly. If a judge is involved it opens the chance that your athletic talent is trumped by someone else view of that talent. There for it’s sports entertainment. If there is a clear path that the winner is based solely on talent then it’s a sport.

• Gravy
Reactions: Darth Handsome