Windows 8 is out (Anyone wanna do a Technet group buy? -fly)

Winner winner chicken dinner.

Didn't like 8? Or another reason? I'm itching to test drive a surface device.

Yeah, I think Windows 8 is terrible on a non-touchscreen device. I have zero idea why on earth they are trying to integrate a PC OS with a Phone/Tablet OS. I will hold complete judgement until I see how it works on a device made for it, though.

Yeah, that's what I mean. It's like trying to earn money as a graphics designer. From what I understand, Spange is one lucky mofo.

Honestly, tell me everything you know. Trying to decide what to do with my life is stressful and having a degree in something I can actually make a decent living at is important.

Honestly, tell me everything you know. Trying to decide what to do with my life is stressful and having a degree in something I can actually make a decent living at is important.

To be honest, I don't know much at all. Maybe it's not so bad these days. :iono: The problem is that any idiot can 'design' a website these days for nothing or next to nothing. Now, the end result is likely shit and the user experience will prevent anyone from using it, but companies see it as cheap. Good, functional web design requires real talent and therefore real money. On the surface though, it can be very hard to tell the difference between a crap site and a well designed one. I'm rambling...

Take for example this site. You'd think I spent thousands of dollars on this site, but in actuality I'm just an extremely talented web designer!

To be honest, I don't know much at all. Maybe it's not so bad these days. :iono: The problem is that any idiot can 'design' a website these days for nothing or next to nothing. Now, the end result is likely shit and the user experience will prevent anyone from using it, but companies see it as cheap. Good, functional web design requires real talent and therefore real money. On the surface though, it can be very hard to tell the difference between a crap site and a well designed one. I'm rambling...

Take for example this site. You'd think I spent thousands of dollars on this site, but in actuality I'm just an extremely talented web designer!

:fly46:

Last edited:
I got used to the new interface almost immediately. It's just a star t menu replacement. The rest of the os is the same. It's fine

Yeah, that's what I mean. It's like trying to earn money as a graphics designer. From what I understand, Spange is one lucky mofo.

Dependent on location. Some places are huge havens for web/graphics designers.

Twin Cities, Columbus, Rochester are three examples of great places to live for that.

Yeah, I think Windows 8 is terrible on a non-touchscreen device. I have zero idea why on earth they are trying to integrate a PC OS with a Phone/Tablet OS. I will hold complete judgement until I see how it works on a device made for it, though.
I really want to try the touch portion, as a desktop I agree. I was disappointed as a non touchscreen user.
It's likely that the new interface is actually good. It's just that we're too old and too used to the old interface.
Bingo. I run into that all the time. We change what something is called and the users revolt. They got really pissed when we updated transaction formats; they had to relearn everything. Users fear change.
As someone actively searching, the field your degree is in is less important if you have experience. Make sure you go to a real college though, my bachelor's in computer engineering from devry (reach for the sky) isn't worth the paper it's printed on. When I got my contract for the research institute, they had to hire me on as extra help instead of regular contract because as a university they don't recognize anything from devry. If I would've had a Bach from a real college my hourly would be $15 more. Sucks.