Window-mounted AC help

dbzeag

Wants to kiss you where it stinks
Jun 9, 2006
Marklar
₥1,014
So my friend is getting ready to take his AC out and put in it into his window, but he has a bit of an issue.

This window is hinged on the side instead of a sliding left-right or up-down style. Mounting it has been a real pain.

Does anyone have any ideas about how to mount a window AC in a window that opens in a swinging fashion?

Beerad, you are a genius. I wasn't even thinking of an idea like that, but that isn't bad!!!

:heart:

Any other thoughts?

So what I came up with is to take the screen out, open the window, put the AC in the window, then replace the rest of the opening with plexiglass. That will bend into the screen track. This will keep the bugs and heat out and still open up to the AC.

if being able to see through it isn't important you might try something more insulating in the part not used by the AC unit. Like maybe two layers of thin plywood with some foam in between and caulk sealing them to the window frame.

Um, it's a casement window right? Swings on the vertical? Possibly with a crank?

You cant put ACs in them. Find another window. Window units are made to go in double or single hung windows. Usually you can put them in gliders IF the glider happens to be the same height as the width of the AC. The thing is that it needs to have something to push against on the top.

Also leaving the swinging part out with an AC in it will direct all the rain into the window...

Meh, that code doesn't seem to bother a large number of St. Lucians or some areas of upstate NY.

Please, dont speak of it. :(

My neighbors seem to think it isnt just for unexposed sheathing. As far as I'm concerned they could outlaw OSB manufacture.