Will you please stop polluting?

dbzeag said:
So it is supposed to hit a heat index of 111F today, hitting record highs along with 95% humidity. Transformers at power stations are blowing in these conditions so a lot of people are out of power, so that means no AC.

Can you all please stop polluting so global warming can reverse itself?

:heart:

Did you see the story the other night on 60 minutes? There was a scientist on there who said that if a certain type of pollution- CO2 (I think maybe 3- if there is a 3, sorry I was distracted by little man) anyways he said that if within 10 years it does not level off and begin declining we will be at a point of no return. It freaked me out. :(

HifiGirly said:
Did you see the story the other night on 60 minutes? There was a scientist on there who said that if a certain type of pollution- CO2 (I think maybe 3- if there is a 3, sorry I was distracted by little man) anyways he said that if within 10 years it does not level off and begin declining we will be at a point of no return. It freaked me out. :(

We all have 24 hours.

HifiGirly said:

I'm very suspicious that no one ever know what the hell they're talking about, and even moreso when it comes to forcasting of any kind.

Flamer McDickchugger said:
I'm very suspicious that no one ever know what the hell they're talking about, and even moreso when it comes to forcasting of any kind.

30 years ago, we had 10 years to get our act together. Global warming is causing massive hurricane seasons, but wait! Global warming is causing this season to be light on hurricanes.

The fact of the matter is yes, the planet is getting warmer. It tends to do that after an ice age. We are probably speeding it up with the green house gases. But no one can predict what will happen as a result. No one has been right so far.

Flamer McDickchugger said:

I've heard the same prediction about the next 10 years. I'm not sure if it's right either, but regardless of 'how long' we have we need to reduce our energy consumption NOW. Waste and pollution might be a short term convenience, but it's obviously not good in the long run for people or the environment. People forget there is more at cost than money. It might cost more short term to change things (like purchasing compact fluorescents or tankless water heaters) but the long term environmental and financial savings are more important. People are stuck in a short term instant gratification mentality instead of seeing every dollar as an investment.