Ontopic Will the Superbowl be the last football we have in 2011????

Will there be football in 2011 after the Superbowl

• The CBA will be completed with no lockout

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • The CBA willnot be completed and there will be a lockout for the 2011 season

• There will be a lockout but it will be ended before the start of 2011-2012 season

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • I don't care because if they lockout I'm done with the NFL

• Total voters
It's the same as the people who go to concerts and pay for the seats that they can't see the band at all.

I don't do that either. If I pay 200 for a ticket I better be getting a happy ending from someone sometime that night.

I guess that explains why I haven't been to any concerts in years. Hmmmm...

It's not looking good for the players if this article holds any water: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-broke-down-after-union-proposed-50-50-split/
If the owners aren't willing to take a cut from the $1billion that the league holds back from the players just for them, then there's going to be a lockout. The owners walked out of this round of negotiations after this opening deal from the NFLPA, which was entirely open to discussion and counteroffers.

And this is all supposed to be about "what the fans want" :rolleyes:

the fans want that first billion to go back to them, as well as the first billion that goes to the players.

also, you thought $8 a beer was bad, soon as jones and the yankee's guy get their concessions company into more venues you'll probably be paying $25 for 3/2 natty lights in 8oz cups.

What was with the ridiculous amounts of patriotic, America-loving bullshit before the game? Soldiers, people reciting the Bill of Rights... I felt like I was watching the national tv channel.

I meant to ask that sooner, but forgot.

the fans want that first billion to go back to them, as well as the first billion that goes to the players.

also, you thought $8 a beer was bad, soon as jones and the yankee's guy get their concessions company into more venues you'll probably be paying $25 for 3/2 natty lights in 8oz cups.

Burgers at the superbowl were $25.

I had a burger for $17 once, and it was probably worth $15 at most. But $25?

with jones & yankees concession co., they'll probably rip out the water fountains in all the stadiums and replace them with overpriced bottled water vending machines. $12 for those 8oz bottles.

yep, saw that last night. there was no way this season was going to interrupted. it damaged baseball for years and the nfl has even more to lose than baseball did.

i wonder if they realize if they give the players more money, it means the top 2 players on every team will get even more, and the rest of the team will get the exact same amount still?