Ontopic Will the Superbowl be the last football we have in 2011????

Will there be football in 2011 after the Superbowl

• The CBA will be completed with no lockout

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • The CBA willnot be completed and there will be a lockout for the 2011 season

• There will be a lockout but it will be ended before the start of 2011-2012 season

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • I don't care because if they lockout I'm done with the NFL

• Total voters
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2011/02/07/AR2011020705610.html

"After a bloated Super Bowl in Dallas, it's time to rein in big game"

I agree with several of her points.

For absurdity, how about those four Navy F-18s flying over the stadium - with its retractable roof closed? Everybody inside could only see the planes on the stadium's video screens. It was strictly a two-second beauty shot. Know what it cost taxpayers? I'll tell you: $450,000. (The Navy justifies the expense by saying it's good for recruiting.)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

that 450k would've probably been spent on training exercises anyways. i never have understood how they come up with these numbers for how much a military op costs.

that 450k would've probably been spent on training exercises anyways. i never have understood how they come up with these numbers for how much a military op costs.

They ask the military, and they tell them?

yea, but my point is, those guys would be doing said paperwork, using said fuel, doing said ground support, etc. anyways, just not flying over stadiums but flying over deserts on practice runs.

For absurdity, how about those four Navy F-18s flying over the stadium - with its retractable roof closed? Everybody inside could only see the planes on the stadium's video screens. It was strictly a two-second beauty shot. Know what it cost taxpayers? I'll tell you: $450,000. (The Navy justifies the expense by saying it's good for recruiting.)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I've seen that 1/2 a dozen times at turner field and it's likely happened another dozen at least

yea, but my point is, those guys would be doing said paperwork, using said fuel, doing said ground support, etc. anyways, just not flying over stadiums but flying over deserts on practice runs.

agreed. I've been out in boats in FL and had pass-bys that would make maverick proud. pretty monumental to have dolphins chasing your boat while getting a flyover though.