Ontopic Will the Superbowl be the last football we have in 2011????

Will there be football in 2011 after the Superbowl

• The CBA will be completed with no lockout

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • The CBA willnot be completed and there will be a lockout for the 2011 season

• There will be a lockout but it will be ended before the start of 2011-2012 season

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • I don't care because if they lockout I'm done with the NFL

• Total voters

Floptical

Doesnt Read Thread Titles
Sep 1, 2006
Rockies
Marklar
₥34,706
Given the current labor disputes and expiring CBA do you think the "Billionaires vs. Millionaires" will end in a lockout and no football in 2011? There seem to be alot of sticking points including the 18 game and longer season which I'm 100% against as well as contracts.

college football is retarded. Not the players, but how the season/end of season is structured.

yep, the baseball strike hurt baseball for years afterwards. they'll come to terms if they know what's good for them.

Last year spoiled me rotten on the stadium experience. If I can't do the same again this year, I'll be quite put out.

Been said before though, there is WAY to much money in football, and not just in the hands of owners and players, for there not to be some serious under the table pressure on both sides to make this deal work.

Same the game is going to get tarnished for a few years because of greed.

Last year spoiled me rotten on the stadium experience. If I can't do the same again this year, I'll be quite put out.

Been said before though, there is WAY to much money in football, and not just in the hands of owners and players, for there not to be some serious under the table pressure on both sides to make this deal work.

Same the game is going to get tarnished for a few years because of greed.

I think they're starting to get hint of their greed. Some seats will now be cheaper at the RayJay this year, thanks to a blackout of every home game.

If anything it will be interesting because the teams can't trade and it will most likely be the first draft in a long time with no free agency.

baseball strike didn't hurt baseball, baseball being a boring sport hurt baseball. people figured out summer is awesome when you can do something other than try to keep up with 162 extremely long extremely boring games a season. i mean lets face it, people were on the edge of being sick of baseball when it went away.

a bulti-billiondollar industry isn't going to take a year off while 32 billionaires have a pissing match with 1700 millionaires (or guys that will be millionaires if they make it 5 years in the league and spend wisely... seeing as the league minimum is 310k)

you have to think of all the cities who own the stadiums expecting revenue, the gambling industry, all the tv networks, merchandising, etc. who will have some serious influence on getting this thing resolved. the shit storm from the people who have heavy steaks in the NFL but aren't any part of this pissing match will be right there trying to get something done.

if they do miss a season, there might be a few soft seasons following it but i think it'll rapidly recover as people like football a whole lot more than baseball.

I feel pretty confident that there won't be a season. And I really hope the owners take the brunt of the heat in the press.

Agreed.

The owners have already taken a ding wit the stairwell seating at the Super Bowl. When Jerry Jones and Goodell already knew a week in advance that most of the stairwell seating would not pass inspection. Plus James Harrison hit the nail on the head. When he pointed out the the hypocrisy of the owners/Goodell by stating the league office is "concerned with player safety" yet they want to go to an 18 game schedule.

I think there will be a lock out. How long I have no clue. I can see players crossing the picket line just as they did in 87. Too many off the younger players need the benefits (health care for their families) they get from the CBA.

Crossing the pickets or not doesn't matter. the NFL has already said that all Health Care Benefits will cease if there is no CBA.