Will someone explain those crazy Amish to me?

This cant be to hard to understand. He probably believes and was raised Amish but doesnt follow parts of the religion. Same as a catholic who smokes, gets tattoo's, has random sex or any of the other "rules". You can believe in the reasoning behind the religion without being religious.

he sucks at being religious.

if an amish person moves into a house with running water and electricity, normally they'll keep the running water but have the electricity disconnected. if you ever walk into an amish person's wood shop, you'll find it's full of gas powered tools. they can still buy modern stuff and use it, just typically not electricity... and never cars. now, just becuase they can't own and use it, doesn't mean they can't take advantage of it... offer an amish person a ride in your car and you'll be driving him around all day while he does errands.

amish people generally smell like ass too. chicks and guys alike... if you ever see them riding their buggies down the road, avoid them.

NOW... for MY problem with the amish. they don't pay property taxes, yet they still take their damn horses and buggies on the road. all of their land/property is owned by the amish church. they rotate mass to all the houses so they're all considered churches of some sort, and their barns are considered public parking or something weird like that for whenever they have mass at their house. the houses and land are all bought by the church and they have some heirarchy type structure that decides who gets what house and who gets a bigger house when... depending on family size, and how good they are to the church (ie... are they on the church council or just some guy that shows up every other week).

i know alot of people that claim to be perfect little christians yet they're out whoring themselves out to everyone while disobeying their father and being a shitty neighbor. meh.

The coolest thing about the Pope Convention is all the different makes and models of time machine you see there. I remember the time that Saint Hilarius showed up in a time traveling clown car. Man, that guy's a hoot!

he sucks at being religious.

if an amish person moves into a house with running water and electricity, normally they'll keep the running water but have the electricity disconnected. if you ever walk into an amish person's wood shop, you'll find it's full of gas powered tools. they can still buy modern stuff and use it, just typically not electricity... and never cars. now, just becuase they can't own and use it, doesn't mean they can't take advantage of it... offer an amish person a ride in your car and you'll be driving him around all day while he does errands.

amish people generally smell like ass too. chicks and guys alike... if you ever see them riding their buggies down the road, avoid them.

NOW... for MY problem with the amish. they don't pay property taxes, yet they still take their damn horses and buggies on the road. all of their land/property is owned by the amish church. they rotate mass to all the houses so they're all considered churches of some sort, and their barns are considered public parking or something weird like that for whenever they have mass at their house. the houses and land are all bought by the church and they have some heirarchy type structure that decides who gets what house and who gets a bigger house when... depending on family size, and how good they are to the church (ie... are they on the church council or just some guy that shows up every other week).

i know alot of people that claim to be perfect little christians yet they're out whoring themselves out to everyone while disobeying their father and being a shitty neighbor. meh.

They're harmless. Let 'em be.

Don't forget about nascar pope:

68823eJlI_w.jpg