Wife Swap

No, a massive conspiracy would imply that I think most of the people in charge of our government actually have the ability to pull off such things. They don't. It's just that the people of this country are more concerned with their day to day lives than the big picture. They don't give a fuck about the future so the people in power do what people in power naturally do; give the people what they ask. The people are demanding a nanny, they want babysitters because they're too pussified to take responsibility for their own actions. This inherently leads to giving the government more power and while I don't suppose some 1984 type world is going to come along any time soon the simple fact is that those of us that are smart enough to make our own fucking choices as to what we put in and do with our bodies and money are made to follow the whims of the idiots. That gets on my nerves.

And I will still view anyone that agrees with a trans-fat ban while puffing on a cigarette or chugging a beer as another example of hypocrisy.

it's no different than banning something like asbestos...unnecessary public health hazards have no place in society...I choose to drink and smoke...I now have to smoke in designated areas because that's a public health hazard too and I'm fine with that...it's my decision to smoke and it shouldn't bring down the health of others

hypocrisy not present :p

She can influence other people to act the same way, which then affects my life in a very negative way.

That's retarded. :lol: By that justification I can have an irrational hatred for you because you influence others to spew comments rife with logical fallacies. :p

it's no different than banning something like asbestos...unnecessary public health hazards have no place in society...I choose to drink and smoke...I now have to smoke in designated areas because that's a public health hazard too and I'm fine with that...it's my decision to smoke and it shouldn't bring down the health of others

hypocrisy not present :p

It's still a health hazard, a far greater one than trans-fats. Smoking is most certainly an unnecessary public health. Considering the number of people that die from alcohol related incidents every year - either from alcohol poisoning, DUI accidents and violence - then drinking is also an unnecessary public health hazard. You choose to drink and smoke, others choose to consume trans-fats. It's hypocrisy, dude. Sorry but the bottom line remains that you don't want the government fucking with what makes you happy but you're fine with them fucking with what makes others happy.

Typical liberal. :D

It's still a health hazard, a far greater one than trans-fats. Smoking is most certainly an unnecessary public health. Considering the number of people that die from alcohol related incidents every year - either from alcohol poisoning, DUI accidents and violence - then drinking is also an unnecessary public health hazard. You choose to drink and smoke, others choose to consume trans-fats. It's hypocrisy, dude. Sorry but the bottom line remains that you don't want the government fucking with what makes you happy but you're fine with them fucking with what makes others happy.

Typical liberal. :D

bullshit...no one says "YUM, THESE TRANSFATS ARE MAGICALLY DELICIOUS!!!" when they bite into something...that makes it an unnecessary health risk and part of the obesity epidemic in the US which is an extremely legitimate public health problem

I'm also not a liberal ;)

bullshit...no one says "YUM, THESE TRANSFATS ARE MAGICALLY DELICIOUS!!!" when they bite into something...that makes it an unnecessary health risk and part of the obesity epidemic in the US which is an extremely legitimate public health problem

Doesn't matter. Trans-fats can be used to keep certain foods kosher and follow other perpatory guidelines. Trans-fats were considered better than the ones they replaced. Trans-fats kept food cheap. That is equal or better to the benefit you get of getting buzzed or sucking on a cancer stick.

The obesity epidemic, as you call it, is far outshone by the smoking epidemic and the drinking epidemic. Demanding that something harmful you don't like be banned while something harmful you do like be left alone is hypocrisy.

And very, very liberal.

Please step away from the skewed view man.

Doesn't matter. Trans-fats can be used to keep certain foods kosher and follow other perpatory guidelines. Trans-fats were considered better than the ones they replaced. Trans-fats kept food cheap. That is equal or better to the benefit you get of getting buzzed or sucking on a cancer stick.

The obesity epidemic, as you call it, is far outshone by the smoking epidemic and the drinking epidemic. Demanding that something harmful you don't like be banned while something harmful you do like be left alone is hypocrisy.

And very, very liberal.

think what you want...the transfats lost and so have you ;)

Sponge Bob re-runs. I've seen them all and even when my kiddo isn't at home .. I will often find myself sitting alone watching in the den watching them. Why, I do not know. I think it's the pineapple.

American Idol. Why I torture my ears I will never know. But it's like a train wreck, you just can't not look.

Blood on the Wire .. the show is hard to watch, the plot moves so slow and the acting is not all that great. I will change channels fully intending to not watch it, yet in a few minutes .. it ends right back on that channel.

I guess the only thing I watch (or used to, don't have the channel anymore) that I would flip away from if anyone walks in is G-string Divas :lol:.

think what you want...the transfats lost and so have you ;)

I don't care that trans-fats lost, I care that people are too stupid, immature or just plain lazy to take responsibility for their own actions. Either way those that want government nannies get what they ask for and I will continue to look down on said decisions.

edit: and I like how you didn't refute my points that trans-fats are as beneficial to others as smoking is to you :p

I don't care that trans-fats lost, I care that people are too stupid, immature or just plain lazy to take responsibility for their own actions. Either way those that want government nannies get what they ask for and I will continue to look down on said decisions.

edit: and I like how you didn't refute my points that trans-fats are as beneficial to others as smoking is to you :p

I just don't care to argue anymore...you were horribly wrong anyway if you want the facts thrown in your face :p
http://www.disastercenter.com/cdc/111riskf.html

I admit to watching 2 episodes of ego trip:ther white rapper show.

it was possibly the worse piece of programming this side of cartoon network and it's shitty taste in live action crap.

That's retarded. :lol: By that justification I can have an irrational hatred for you because you influence others to spew comments rife with logical fallacies. :p
If you think my posting here affects as many people as her being on cable tv, then I'm flattered. Each episode probably averages 500,000 viewers (probably conservative). Say one tenth of 1% of those are affected in the manner I spoke of. That's 500 people who are now more annoying to the rest of the world. However much credit you give me, I cannot affect that many people. The longer this show stays on, the greater the chances that she will affect my life in a negative manner.

I just don't care to argue anymore...you were horribly wrong anyway if you want the facts thrown in your face :p
http://www.disastercenter.com/cdc/111riskf.html

ooh so because heart disease - which can be completely independant of obesity and trans-fats altogether - is a leading killer that means your smoking isn't doing irrepreable damage to your lungs? it means you're not driving up the cost of health care as much as the fat guy at mcdonald's because when you're 70 you'll be breathing through a tube in your throat? or was I wrong about the fact that trans-fats allow jews, hindus and people of other faiths to prepare their food within strict religious guidelines because they generally come from plant oils instead of animal byproduct?

sure, go ahead and keep throwing facts that change absolutely nothing :fly: bottom line: you don't mind if they ban something you don't like as long as they don't ban things you like

If you think my posting here affects as many people as her being on cable tv, then I'm flattered. Each episode probably averages 500,000 viewers (probably conservative). Say one tenth of 1% of those are affected in the manner I spoke of. That's 500 people who are now more annoying to the rest of the world. However much credit you give me, I cannot affect that many people. The longer this show stays on, the greater the chances that she will affect my life in a negative manner.

Being annoying to you doesn't necessarily mean annoying to everyone else. Obviously if they have that many fans then five hundred thousand people find her more appealing than you. Perhaps they would find you annoying and those 500 people affected can still contribute more to society than most single individuals.

At the end of the day, they stimulate our economy and provide a greater asset to society than any of us. ;)