whyyyyyy do i bother....

ChikkenNoodul said:
Most people don't want an alternative viewpoint...
And that's the problem. Most schools only teach one point of view (whether that be evolution, creationism, etc.). Students should at least be exposed to different points of view so they can make up their own minds. Both sides of this issue (evolution and creation) are raising sheep, nothing more.

Mr. Furlong said:
And that's the problem. Most schools only teach one point of view (whether that be evolution, creationism, etc.). Students should at least be exposed to different points of view so they can make up their own minds. Both sides of this issue (evolution and creation) are raising sheep, nothing more.

Yeah heaven forbid that kids should make up their own minds about things:rolleyes:

NMEs Boob Warmer said:
Yeah heaven forbid that kids should make up their own minds about things:rolleyes:
Exactly
We live in a society where people are supposed to be free to express their own religion and political preferences, but we teach our children to not be able to make a choice for themselves?

It freaked me out the first time I left my nice little Christian school and went to a regular high school. For the first time I was met with people who believed differently than I did, and at first I wasn't sure how to defend my beliefs, and I suddenly wasn't even sure that my beliefs were right. I figured it all out of course, but it was quite the initial shock.

man you are pussy whipped. your balls are in a jar on someones night stand. how do you cope with your pitiful existence?

I used to do graphics work for some biologist guy who surveyed building sites for endangered species and what not. He found all kinds of crazy crap like mammoth bones and fossils.

He told me that at one point all of California was a huge redwood forest populated by really big horses (bigger the clydesdales) and that eventually the climate changed and the trees all died out leaving the big horses easier targets for sabertooth cats to hunt down...so over time the horses evolved to the point where they were much slimmer, smaller and faster in order to out run the cats. He had skulls that proved the theory too. It was some cool shit.

People just don't understand evolution though. Most think that the horses became smaller by mutating into a smaller animal or something when in fact the evolution was due to all the slow, big horses getting killed by the cats and all the small horses left to breed more small horses.

Last edited by a moderator:
Millions said:
I used to do some graphics work for some biologist guy who surveyed building sites for endangered species and what not. He found all kinds of crazy crap like mammoth bones and fossils.

He told me that at one point all of California was a huge redwood forest populated by really big horses (bigger the clydesdales) and that at one point the climate changed and the trees all died out leaving the big horses easier for sabertooth cats to hunt down...so over time the horses evolved to the point where they were much slimmer, smaller and faster in order to out run the cats. He had skulls that proved the theory too. It was some cool shit.

dont people breed animals for this very reason...lots o' evolutin going down at the kennel :eek:

Desslock said:
You talking to me? :confused:

either side is an argument for faith. faith in a god dusting the cosmos with his creation, or faith in a hypothesis that can't be backed up with science.

bungle+zippy said:
dont people breed animals for this very reason...lots o' evolutin going down at the kennel :o

Yeah even religious types will agree that if you put a big dog with a big dog you'll get another big dog.

But they won't believe that after millions of years it was possible for an isolated group of apes to become human. It IS kind of hard to believe...to think that some species of ape kept dying & breeding to the point where they became human! I believe it but it STILL seems really wierd.

Much easier for people just to believe that God just threw a person down to earth...which is fine I suppose. Maybe it did happen that way? How should I know?

jaxxor said:
either side is an argument for faith. faith in a god dusting the cosmos with his creation, or faith in a hypothesis that can't be backed up with science.

I like cheese. :tard: