Thread Why we need more than sequestration - government waste = big money

It's hell on chainsaws and other small engines.

Part of a big push to get everyone to go to the new uber EPA regulated chainsaws that have data ports like cars, and you can't adjust mixtures yourself anymore without the fancy computer software from the vendors.

I have to seafoam every other tank of gas on my tractor :( Ethanol fucks with the fuel air ratio something terrible and i cant seem to tune it out.

It's hell on chainsaws and other small engines.

Part of a big push to get everyone to go to the new uber EPA regulated chainsaws that have data ports like cars, and you can't adjust mixtures yourself anymore without the fancy computer software from the vendors.
That's crap. For small engines I'd just separate the ethanol off and run straight gas. It's easy to do, just add water and stir; gas floats to the top.
Except we don't actually produce enough corn for that. Whoops.
Exactly. All posturing and scare tactics.

And corn is terrible for ethanol production. :wtf:

It's also fucked up my ATV more times than I can count. We can get 85 here and my truck can take it, but it drops my gas mileage down to 11-12mpg from 17-18mpg. am I really polluting less by using way more fuel?

That's crap. For small engines I'd just separate the ethanol off and run straight gas. It's easy to do, just add water and stir; gas floats to the top.

yea. totally want to do this every time i get fuel for lawnmowers and atvs.

it's hell on boats too, fucks up their fuel tanks.

[h=2]To Cut Government Spending, Lay Off the Loafers[/h]By Diana Furchtgott-Roth
WASHINGTON-With the sequester scheduled for March 1, everyone is looking for ways to save money. How about cutting the employees the federal government pays not to work for Uncle Sam?
In a new report issued earlier this month, the Office of Personnel Management announced that the federal government paid over $156 million in 2011 for some of its employees to work as representatives for government unions, up from $139 million in 2010 and $129 million in 2009.

In government language that would make George Orwell smile, the time that federal workers spend working for their unions and not working for taxpayers is termed "official time." According to the report, "Official time, broadly defined, is paid time off from assigned Government duties to represent a union or its bargaining unit employees."
In most workplaces, employees who don't work for the hours they are paid are called "loafers," "slackers," or worse. In the federal government, such workers are on "official time." Shirking never looked so good.

http://www.realclearmarkets.com/art...ment_spending_lay_off_the_loafers_100161.html

[h=2]To Cut Government Spending, Lay Off the Loafers[/h]By Diana Furchtgott-Roth
WASHINGTON-With the sequester scheduled for March 1, everyone is looking for ways to save money. How about cutting the employees the federal government pays not to work for Uncle Sam?
In a new report issued earlier this month, the Office of Personnel Management announced that the federal government paid over $156 million in 2011 for some of its employees to work as representatives for government unions, up from $139 million in 2010 and $129 million in 2009.

In government language that would make George Orwell smile, the time that federal workers spend working for their unions and not working for taxpayers is termed "official time." According to the report, "Official time, broadly defined, is paid time off from assigned Government duties to represent a union or its bargaining unit employees."
In most workplaces, employees who don't work for the hours they are paid are called "loafers," "slackers," or worse. In the federal government, such workers are on "official time." Shirking never looked so good.

http://www.realclearmarkets.com/art...ment_spending_lay_off_the_loafers_100161.html

That comes to what, .002% of the budget?

For the flip side of the coin.

Texas, of all places, showing how to rip off the food stamp program with pride. (note, I mean it's happening in Texas, not that Texas is doing it)

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/201...-where-this-is-happening-might-surprise-you/#

The report was helped along by a gas station clerk who had grown tired of seeing customers make enormous purchases with their Lone Star cards. In some cases, he says, people would show up and have a balance of at least $7,000 on their cards.
“There are times I see customers come in and they’ve got thousands,” “Bob,” who spoke on condition of anonymity, told KGBT 4TV.
“[O]n an average day he sees about 10 different people all with over $2,000 in food stamps, who report to the government they cannot make ends meet,” the report notes.
“But they’re driving Mercedes,” he adds.

On a side note, The blaze.com shows just how fucking nuts the hard core conservative types are, but that doesn't change the story.

Welfare for the non-working, non-contributing types needs a major cut. I don't have a problem with programs for people who have worked, and paid into, such their entire life, with employment and taxes covering most of the eligible years. I do have a problem with people taking out more than they put in.

Last edited:
And corn is terrible for ethanol production. :wtf:

It's also fucked up my ATV more times than I can count. We can get 85 here and my truck can take it, but it drops my gas mileage down to 11-12mpg from 17-18mpg. am I really polluting less by using way more fuel?

Apparently it could be tuned for E85 and you'd get better mileage, but then it would be worse with regular gas.