Ontopic Why the GoP is the new Whig Party - The random Political Thread

Atan Nolme

Flaccid Member
Oct 14, 2004
Karningul,Eriador, Endor
Marklar
₥431
Boehner to Tea Party Reps: Play Ball or You’re Out

During a closed meeting on Monday, House Republicans booted Reps. Justin Amash of Michigan, David Schweikert of Arizona and Tim Huelskamp of Kansas -- all freshmen -- and Rep. Walter Jones of North Carolina from plum committee assignments, according to Politico. Retribution for members who voted against Boehner’s team was long discussed in leadership circles.

Daniel Horowitz, writing for the conservative Red State, said, “First, when you begin negotiations agreeing to 60 percent of the demands of the other side and fail to offer a bold contrast on the other 40 percent, you are headed for an outcome that is 80-90 percent favorable to your opponent. Second, when you need to outsource your budget plan and entire view of government to Democrat Erskine Bowles, you are relegating yourself and your party to irrelevancy.”

Perhaps with the memory etched in his brain of the debacle of the 2011 debt ceiling negotiations that led to Standard & Poor’s downgrading of the U.S. credit rating , Boehner appears to be trying to mitigate the influence of the most conservative activists while unifying the rest of his party behind a bargaining strategy that ultimately will pass muster with voters. In their letter to Obama, Boehner and other House leaders acknowledged that they were “mindful of the status quo election” on Nov. 6 that gave Obama a second term and expanded the Democrats’ membership in both the House and Senate.

Mark Levin Rips Boehner: Who The Hell Does He Think He Is?

MARK LEVIN: I've had enough of this crap. This is a member of Congress being treated like crap by the Speaker of the House. Who the hell does the Speaker of the House think he is? This man was elected by his constituents, American citizens in his Congressional district. He's voting the way he pledged to vote to the constituents in his district. Who the hell does John Boehner think he is? He's so desperate for these four votes that he punishes these men like this? Pelosi does this stuff, the old Soviet Union did this stuff.

This man Boehner, his ego is massive. His ego is way out of control. He used his role, ladies and gentlemen, to crush the Tea Party, to crush conservatives. He is selling out our children right now with these massive tax increases, and that's his starting bid. He's saying, 'Here's $800 billion, now will you sit down with us Obama?' He's prepared to go to $1.2 trillion, I'm telling you he is. They buy into this class warfare crap. You want to know why? Because he's not smart enough to argue against it, and moreover he's unprincipled. I explained that in my first segment monologue.

This guy didn't become Speaker because he's some kind of great thinker or philosopher or principled or anything else. He's not Newt Gingrich, he's John Boehner. He was a backbencher. He's clawed his way to the top. And now what is he trying to do? Is control any possible opposition, even if a guy votes 95% of the time on the House Budget Committee with the majority.

They don't allow any Mr. Smith Goes To Washington individuals to appear. They don't allow Abraham Lincoln types, serve one term in the House. They don't allow it! They're trying to crush future leadership. They're trying to crush the conservatives. No more talk about big tents. Oh, they quote Reagan all the time. They don't mean a damn word of it. Let me ask it this way -- let me put it this way: tell me one damn thing John Boehner has done since he's become Speaker to stop Obama on anything. One. Well I can't. I can't.

This is exactly why the GoP establishment keeps on losing (2006 mid term, McCain, Romney).

No, the republican party keeps losing because it keeps trying to please old, rich, white men while shitting on women and minorities. Turns out that kinda pisses off anyone who isn't old, white, rich, and male. These tea party idiots were the worst at that shit. If they want to win anything, the GOP has to reign in those dummies.

No, the republican party keeps losing because it keeps trying to please old, rich, white men while shitting on women and minorities. Turns out that kinda pisses off anyone who isn't old, white, rich, and male. These tea party idiots were the worst at that shit. If they want to win anything, the GOP has to reign in those dummies.

TSRH

Keep on swallowing the kool-aid of the dying old guard media.

BTW one difference between Obama and Romney. Romney would have fired Obama's spending enabler (Bernanke) the first day on the job.

BTW one difference between Obama and Romney. Romney would have fired Obama's spending enabler (Bernanke) the first day on the job.

You don't think Republicans saying Rape can't get you pregnant, I don't care about 47% of Americans, enacting a papers please policy (whether or not it was that, that was the perception of the law) didn't affect their chances in office?

Bernanke is the least of my worries if Romney made it in office.

You don't think Republicans saying Rape can't get you pregnant, I don't care about 47% of Americans, enacting a papers please policy (whether or not it was that, that was the perception of the law) didn't affect their chances in office?

If you think that more then 10% let along a simple majority of conservatives believe what the idiot from Missouri and the idiot from Indiana spewed. Then I have some water front property in Florida that I gladly sell you.

If you think that more then 10% let along a simple majority of conservatives believe what the idiot from Missouri and the idiot from Indiana spewed. Then I have some water front property in Florida that I gladly sell you.

And the thing you fail to realize is, that to win an election, you don't need to convince the conservatives. You need to convince the independants. Conservatives are going to vote for Republicans. Liberals are going to vote for Democrats. What swings the election is the independants. There's a reason why Romney still got 47% of the vote. And it's not because of anything he did.

you of all people talking about "old guard"

the tea party is a terrorist organization and should be treated as such while the rest of your party is full of idiots

And the thing you fail to realize is, that to win an election, you don't need to convince the conservatives. You need to convince the independants. Conservatives are going to vote for Republicans. Liberals are going to vote for Democrats. What swings the election is the independants. There's a reason why Romney still got 47% of the vote. And it's not because of anything he did.

Romney ran his campaign on ideas and not to win unlike Obama. There is a reason why negative campaigning works. Romney should have taken a pages from Lee Atwater's old playbook.

Romney ran his campaign on ideas and not to win unlike Obama. There is a reason why negative campaigning works. Romney should have taken a pages from Lee Atwater's old playbook.

Interesting. What were all those negative ads sponsored by Romney's campaign that I saw then? Remember, I live in Ohio. EVERY commercial since the beginning of October was a political ad.

Who has caused more actual destruction, the Tea Party or the Occupy Movement? Which group has more convicted felons?

the tea party (both the politicians and the morons that voted them into office) is the reason our credit was downgraded because they're too stupid to know what the debt ceiling actually is

they're far more destructive than a bunch of hipsters but either way, one group being bad doesn't mean the first group isn't horrible

the tea party (both the politicians and the morons that voted them into office) is the reason our credit was downgraded because they're too stupid to know what the debt ceiling actually is

they're far more destructive than a bunch of hipsters but either way, one group being bad doesn't mean the first group isn't horrible

Hey Moron when was the last time U.S. had an official budget? (Hint: 4 years ago and Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid)

So far as the spending goes I blame the Statist/"Progressives" in both parties (Boehner, McCain, McConnell, ex cetera)

You know that's not the phrase, right? Because there is actually waterfront property in Florida?
Who has caused more actual destruction, the Tea Party or the Occupy Movement?
By "actual destruction" I assume that you're talking about only physical destruction, and not the systematic dismantling of our civil rights? Because if you are, then yes, those Occupy bastards are bastards
:rolleyes:

That's not a rebuttal to my claims. Come on man, let's talk about this. Old, rich, white guys don't win you an election.