Hawt Why the fawk are you hosers up so late?

Mr. Argumentor

I fab shitboxes and shitbox accessories.
Sep 27, 2012
Tampa-ish
Marklar
₥73,222
Steam
asastang
For me, I added too god damned much thinning agent to this fucking 2-part epoxy, so I'm waiting for it to evaporate from the mix in order for it to not immediately run out of the seam I'm sealing.

This worked the other day
8r8RpwM.jpg

But when dad and I did this one, it didn't seal as well due to it not having a tight seam, so I'm having to re-apply it.
EUX6pCv.jpg

I like this epoxy though. Cures so clear I feel like I could repair glass with it. I'm looking forward to seeing how it wears.

Isn't there an epoxy specifically suited to the task you're performing?

I remember getting a boat epoxy when we had to patch our aluminum hull boat as a kid

Parks Super Glaze. Typical use is for sealing bar tops and such. Can thin it out with lacquer thinner, otherwise it is too thick to seep into seams
If you thin it out too much, by virtue of using lacquer thinner (typically MEK, right?), can't you just apply heat to evaporate the excess?

Isn't there an epoxy specifically suited to the task you're performing?

I remember getting a boat epoxy when we had to patch our aluminum hull boat as a kid
Possibly, but the way these were leaking (through the rivets) I wanted to get something that could be thinned enough to seep through. Dad found the stuff, and I trust him

If you thin it out too much, by virtue of using lacquer thinner (typically MEK, right?), can't you just apply heat to evaporate the excess?
MEK sounds right, although depending on the manufacturer I think the contents can vary a large amount.
I thought about that, but it was late enough that I didn't want to run Ladybutt's hair dryer, and the lightest setting on my heat gun might've melted the container I had it in. If it leaks again I'll make up another batch and make it thicker.

ive been using clear pvc cleaner, which is 100% mek, but it only comes in tiny bottles.

i had no idea lacquer thinner was mek. Is it pure? I have a need for pure mek.
Doubt it.
Probably has a lot of filler to lower the price.
And like I said, depending on the manufacturer, the actual contents and active ingredients can vary a decent amount

I think the Home Depot near me sells MEK under the Klean Strip label

I was up late because I went to the Irvine Improv. I fucking love comedy shows. Wednesday nights are hit and miss nights. They're inexpensive ($10 tix) and sometimes you get a great no name comedian, and other nights you're thankful for the crickets. Last night was great. Julian McCullough was the "headliner" and in the middle of his set he started calling out this Asian chick who was on her phone. Spent about 5 minutes just roasting her about her texting at his show and then he called her a cunt. Oh my god the place was rolling.

i had no idea lacquer thinner was mek. Is it pure? I have a need for pure mek.
Call up a scientific chemical retailer. Here's some 99% stuff, available in a bunch of different sizes:

http://www.fishersci.com/ecomm/serv...reId=10652&productId=10393852&catalogId=29104

You might have to back/forth with them with paperwork to indicate you're not a terrorist and that you're not setting up a meth lab... and maybe give bob in the next office over a heads up that you don't need to go on the watchlist.

yeah, that latter part is a pain in the ass.

Im using it a dye carrier for anthraquinone dyes (for dying pvc)