Sep 30, 2004
Uranus
Marklar
₥50,773
Steam
heyfubuddy
http://filmforce.ign.com/articles/607/607828p1.html

Remakes Are for The Birds

April 26, 2005 - The Hollywood Reporter has exclusively revealed that Armageddon director (and Texas Chainsaw Massacre remake producer) Michael Bay has been approached by Universal Pictures to remake Alfred Hitchcock's 1963 suspense classic, The Birds.

Bay would produce the remake through his Platinum Dunes company along with Peter Guber's Mandalay Pictures. Universal previously made the ill-advised remake of Hitch's Psycho.

"The new version would be based on the short story by Daphne Du Maurier, to which Universal owns the rights and which inspired Hitchcock's movie," THR claims.

Bay is also in talks to direct The Transformers but has not signed on yet.

(Warner Bros. doesn't want to be left out of the Hitchcock remaking and is developing a new version of Strangers on a Train.)

Any remake of any Hitchock film is gonna be ass. Remember the remake of psycho? Whatta heap of shit that was.

ChikkenNoodul said:
Why wouldn't they just pull a Lucas and add better CGI birds into the original, otherwise the original was PERFECT

I just read an article the other day, about how in the original they trained like 75 seagulls to land on peoples heads, and when they landed, they got fed. So when the people were running away from the birds, and they birds where chasing, it looked like they were attacking, but they were really just trying to land on the peoples heads:lol:

Drool-Boy said:
I just read an article the other day, about how in the original they trained like 75 seagulls to land on peoples heads, and when they landed, they got fed. So when the people were running away from the birds, and they birds where chasing, it looked like they were attacking, but they were really just trying to land on the peoples heads:lol:
Goddamn....

That's impressive

Drool-Boy said:
hahahaha

thats awesome

I wish they'd remake star wars. Or Armageddon. You know, update the special effects and modernize it some.