WTF Why doesn't President Obama....

Atan Nolme

Flaccid Member
Oct 14, 2004
Karningul,Eriador, Endor
Marklar
₥432
love the children.

On Monday, the Obama administration waived sections of a law meant to prevent the recruitment of child soldiers in Africa, paving the way for new military cooperation with four countries with poor human rights records -- despite their use of underage troops.

"I hereby determine that it is in the national interest of the United States to waive the application to Chad, the Democratic Republic of the Congo, Sudan, and Yemen of the prohibition in section 404(a) of the [Child Service Prevention Act]," President Obama wrote in a memorandum to Secretary of State Hillary Clinton.

In 2008, President George W. Bush signed the law, which prohibits U.S. military education and training, foreign military financing, and other defense-related assistance to countries that actively recruit troops under the age of 18. Countries are designated as violators if the State Department's annual Trafficking in Persons report identifies them as recruiting child soldiers.

Article

Why am I not surprised!!!

I agree with Ara.

I think Obama just wants to see dead children. What a sicko!

Moar dead babies pliz.

I wonder if Amstel, Arátoeldar, and Kevlar learned from a Tea Party guerilla tactics seminar to post links and no longer respond to people questioning things.

Surely standard conservative measures wouldn't teach something like this so it has to be a radical movement.

I agree with Ara.

I think Obama just wants to see dead children. What a sicko!

Moar dead babies pliz.

When you put it that way, I agree too.

btw, the funny part is that Ar(yan) probably didn't read the article either. That blurb was posted somewhere and he was incensed enough to report it here.

Quote Originally Posted by Arátoeldar View Post
Why am I not surprised!!!
Because you left out this part hoping people wouldn't click on the link.

In each of these countries, we are working with the governments to stop the recruitment of child soldiers or demobilize those who may already be in the ranks,
we've been doing this all along.

coq, it's so cute reading your posts. Really. It's like reading a 2nd grade post on proof of santa. Selectively picking and choosing your supposed facts to support the conclusion you want and ignoring reality. After the OP this thread is so full of stupid consideration must given to avoid information overload for you. You need debriefing; someone needs to give you a hug and say, 'things have changed. there really is no santa.'

You will be surprised to know that we were already working with those 4 countries (and others too) to reduce the recruitment of child soldiers. We were doing it before '08 when we were giving them money too. In '08, this was a Democrat initiative, a bill led by the Durbin (D IL), was then added to Biden's (D DE) bill, and Co-Sponsored by Samuel Brownback [R, KS], Sen. Benjamin Cardin [D, MD], Durbin (D IL), Sen. Dianne Feinstein [D, CA], Sen. Orrin Hatch [R, UT], Sen. Arlen Specter [D, PA]. The bill simply prohibited
U.S. military education and training, foreign military financing, and other defense-related assistance to countries that actively recruit troops under the age of 18. Countries are designated as violators if the State Department's annual Trafficking in Persons report identifies them as recruiting child soldiers.

It's interesting that this 'waive' comes the day after bombs are headed here from Yemen.

Giving money to brutal dictators has not worked in the past, so no one can be sure why obie is going back to old outdated measures. But, we know he still has checks in his checkbook so increasing spending won't be a concern of his.

you guys are worse than a sewing circle.

we've been doing this all along.

coq, it's so cute reading your posts. Really. It's like reading a 2nd grade post on proof of santa. Selectively picking and choosing your supposed facts to support the conclusion you want and ignoring reality. After the OP this thread is so full of stupid consideration must given to avoid information overload for you. You need debriefing; someone needs to give you a hug and say, 'things have changed. there really is no santa.'

:lol:

It's funny you point this out, because my 2nd grade proof, is still exponentially greater than the proof any of you three ever provide whenever you make threads like this.

lol. Really I can't expect anything more than your 2nd grade, 'I know you are but what am I' retort.

A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand. -Bertrand Russell

Last edited: